Ugli Fruit health benefits include accelerating weight loss, improving eyesight, managing cholesterol level, stimulating growth, supporting bone health, boosting blood circulation, preventing cancer, supplying needed fiber to the body, dissolving gallstones and kidney stones, enhancing the skin and boosting immunity.
Nutritional Value of Ugli Fruit
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
|Vitamin A0%||Vitamin C||70%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie
Health Benefits of Ugli Fruit
- Promotes Weight Loss – This fruit has an extremely low number of calories, only 45 in the average-sized fruit, which makes it ideal for those trying to lose weight. Ugli fruit will fill you up with fiber, but not compromise your calorie goals, helping to prevent and snacking between meals.
- Skin Care – With a rich supply of , catechins, and other , this fruit is an excellent remedy for skin inflammation and other conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. The antioxidants are also able to improve the appearance of the skin, minimize wrinkles, and clear up age spots or . Additionally, the active ingredients can help stimulate the growth of new skin cells and tighten up skin elasticity.
- Improves Vision – The significant levels of vitamin A found in this fruit are good indicators for eye health, as vitamin A has been directly linked to reduced stress in the retina. This can slow the progressions of macular degeneration and delay the onset of cataracts as we age.
- Controls Cholesterol – The level of dietary fiber in ugli fruit can also help reduce overall cholesterol levels, balancing your HDL and LDL levels, which can reduce your risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack, and stroke.
- Promotes Growth – The impressive concentration of vitamin C found in ugli fruit helps in the production of collagen around the body. Given collagen is required for every cell, tissue and blood vessel, an abundant amount (like that found in this fruit) will help promote growth, repair and normal development.
- Improves Bone Health – There are a number of essential minerals in ugli fruit that can aid in bone mineral density and lower your chances of developing osteoporosis at an early age.
- Aids Digestion – Dietary fiber is present in most fruits and vegetables, and the same is true for ugli fruit. Each fruit boasts high dietary fiber content and can help optimize your processes and reduce symptoms of constipation, bloating, cramping and diarrhea.
- Boosts Immunity – With more than 70% of your daily vitamin C requirement in every fruit, ugli fruit can boost the immune system and help promote the production of white blood cells.
- Increases Circulation – Although the level of iron in ugli fruit is relatively low, it can still increase the production of red blood cells in the body, which will avoid the symptoms of anemia and increase oxygenation to various parts of the body.
- Prevents Cancer – With a broad range of antioxidants, this fruit can reduce the free radical levels in the body, thus lowering your risk of cellular mutation and cancer.
- Fiber Punch – One serving of ugli fruit, which is roughly 50% of the fruit, contains 2 grams of dietary fiber. The part of plant foods that cannot be digested, fiber provides an array of health benefits. Consuming a diet packed with fiber minimizes your chance of developing constipation by allowing your digestive system to operate more efficiently. The nutrient content also decreases your risk of getting Type-2 diabetes and heart disease and can help you manage your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Stimulates Growth – The impressive vitamin C content present in ugli fruit helps in the production of collagen in the body. Given collagen is crucial for each cell, blood vessel, and tissue, an adequate quantity (such as one found in this fruit) will help stimulate repair, growth, and normal development.
- Boosts Blood Circulation – Even though the iron level in ugli fruit is considerably low, it can still work to boost the production of red blood cells in the body, which in turn can help avoid the symptoms of iron deficiency (anemia) and promote oxygenation to different body parts.