Best WordPress WYSIWYG Editors Table
|Divi Builder||A||From $89|
|Thrive Architect||A-||From $19/month|
|WP Page Builder||B||Free|
|Brizy||B||Free (Pro from $49)|
|MotoPress Page Builder||B||From $39|
|WPBakery Page Builder||B||From $45|
1. Divi Builder (Best WordPress Page Builder Overall)
- Powerful page builder
- Theme building capabilities
- Excellent pricing and one-time payment option
- Global elements and styling
- Regular updates and support
- Long learning curve
- Uses shortcode based widgets
- Can be slower at times with long pages
Divi is probably the most popular drag-and-drop WordPress builder out there. It literally transforms WordPress into a WYSIWYG editor.
Divi Builder is
- super easy to use
- beautifully designed
- extremely powerful
Here is how Divi Page Builder looks in action:
Building a website with Divi is a breeze. There is probably nothing you can’t build with it.
Plus, Divi comes with hundreds of professionally designed layouts accessible right from the Divi builder in your WordPress panel.
Some of these layouts are complete website packs which means that all you need to do is to pick one and add your content.
The process of adding Divi pre-made layouts and website kits to the WordPress site looks like this:
Check this Divi Digital Marketing Layout Live Demo as an example (this is the one we are using in the GIF image above).
This is the type of pre-made templates (and website kits) you’ll get access to with your Divi Builder.
If you are not planning to have something very special or extremely unique on your website, Divi pre-made templates are great for building your website from scratch literally in the blink of an eye.
Here is a quick video that explains Divi in detail:
Now let’s see how Divi looks behind the scenes when you actually build on WordPress with it.
There are two ways of building websites with Divi Builder:
The first one is Divi WordPress Visual Page Builder where you edit your website on the front-end (right on your website like in the screenshot below).
This Divi Visual Page Builder is currently one of the best drag and drops WP editors on the market. It’s a true WYSIWYG editor.
The second option is the Back-end Builder (or Divi WireFrame view) – where you work in your WordPress dashboard (or inside Divi Visual Builder) with Divi modules, sections, rows, and columns like in the screenshot below:
*After the introduction of Gutenberg Editor, for this option to work, you need to have the WordPress Classic Editor plugin installed. Alternatively, you can turn on WireFrame view on Divi Visual Builder (frontend).
Both Divi page building modes are actually great.
And it’s also amazing to have both of these editor types available within one master WordPress editor.
It’s a mere matter of personal preference what option you use.
WireFrame view is great for visualizing the structure of your page and organizing long-form content with lots of elements and design.
This one is definitely among our favorite Divi features. Plus, Divi Visual Builder and WireFrame view work seamlessly together:
Importantly, Divi is more than just a WordPress page builder.
It’s more like a complete WordPress website builder and marketing toolset.
Divi has everything you may need for your WordPress website starting from an intuitive drag and drop interface and ending with advanced functionality like A/B testing:
Just check the Elegant Themes Divi page to see all it has to offer. It’s amazing.
The official Divi page itself is the perfect example of the utmost web design.
Free Divi Test Drive
Explore the surprising power of Divi Visual Builder
Divi Builder Main Features:
- Drag and drop WordPress page builder with front-end (true WYSIWYG) and back-end editor
- No coding skills required
- Easy setup
- Intuitive user interface
- Inline text editing
- Works with any WordPress theme
- Awesome 24/7 Support
- Huge user community (including Divi centered forums, websites, and communities with countless tutorials on everything you might need)
- Divi Marketplace (where third party Divi creators make their Divi related products, such as extensions, child themes, layouts, landing pages, and individual landing page elements available to Divi users)
- Amazing Bloom & Monarch Plugins Included as a bonus
- 100+ Complete Website Packs
- 800+ Pre-made Designs
- 40+ Website Elements
- Divi Library where you can save your custom designs, modules, and layouts
- Global elements
- Split testing functionality
- Bulk editing
- Undo/Redo functionality
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Searchable & filterable settings
- Custom CSS control
- Nice integration with WooCommerce (WooBuilder)
- History, Backups, and Autosave
- Export/Import options
Divi is compatible with Gutenberg.
How Much Does Divi Cost?
Okay, now how much does WordPress page builder Divi cost?
There are two pricing options offered by Elegant Themes for Divi Builder. One is yearly access which renews every year and the other one is lifetime access with single-time payment.
Here is the current pricing information for both options
- Yearly access is $89
- Lifetime access is $249
NB: Divi is a premium-only WP page builder – a free version is not available (but you can try Divi Demo for free here).
What is included
- Complete access to all features, themes, and plugins (including beautiful Bloom & Monarch)
- Unlimited websites
- Unlimited users
- Premium support
- 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee
Overall, Elegant Themes membership (where Divi belongs) is packed with value.
More on Divi Builder
- Divi Builder Real Life Examples – The list of websites (some of the big brands) using the Divi framework
- Text styling with Divi
- Advanced code editing with Divi
- Multiselect and Bulk editing with Divi
- Divi built-in split testing
- Divi WooCommerce Builder
2. Elementor (Best WordPress Editor for Custom Design)
- Feature-packed free version
- Intuitive user interface
- Constant updates
- Great documentation and videos
- Active Facebook group community
- Can be complicated for new users
- Custom styling doesn’t always work
- No white label option for developers
Elementor is another widely popular WordPress drag and drop page builder plugin known for its ease of use, clean code and speed (both in terms of plugin’s work and the speed of websites built with Elementor).
As a plugin Elementor has great reviews on WordPress (4.9 stars out of 5 based on 5051 reviews at the time of writing this post):
It also comes with over 80 design elements including image, text, video, map, icons and more.
See the real websites built with Elementor
Elementor works great with most WordPress themes and plugins and is available in over 50 languages.
Many people consider Elementor to be the best WordPress page builder at the moment. However, Elementor is probably more than just a page builder plugin with some additional features. Elementor considers itself a complete WordPress site builder (and they boldly mention this on their homepage).
Here is how building with Elementor looks like:
We use Elementor here at Siteeefy, and here is how editing with it looks like:
Elementor is probably the best one among free WordPress page builders available today to WP users. And what is unique to Elementor as a free WordPress page builder is the fact that its free version is not restricted.
You get all that you need to build a WordPress website with Elementor Free which is amazing.
Before Elementor there was no free WordPress page builder of this level. All comparable products were premium.
While Elementor free version is awesome, Elementor Pro takes everything to the next level.
You get lots of useful stuff with Elementor Pro such as Elementor Popup Builder:
Elementor Form Widget:
…and other cool (and handy) WordPress widgets, tools and elements!
On top of everything, you get premium support with the Pro version of Elementor.
We actually wrote a whole article on Elementor Free vs Pro. You might want to check it out if you want to learn more.
One very unique feature of Elementor (which we also love and use a lot here at Siteefy) is their Elementor Finder:
Amazing, isn’t it?
Elementor Main Features
- One of the best WordPress editors overall
- High speed
- Clean code (no lock-in)
- 24/7 Support (Pro version)
- AutoSave functionality
- Redo/Undo functionality
- Role Manager
- Elementor Finder
- 150+ Elementor Kits and Templates
- Easy integration with major marketing tools and platforms
- Visual Form Builder
- Advanced Pop-up Builder (includes 100+ pre-built pop-up templates)
- WooCommerce Page Builder
- Content Lock functionality
- Cool motion effects and animations
- Powerful Custom Positioning
- Shape Dividers
- Lightbox Overlay
- Social Icons & Share Buttons
- Star Rating and Reviews
- Sticky Elements
- Evergreen Countdown
- Tutorials and other learning materials
- Third-party addons
The free version of Elementor includes 30 basic widgets and a WordPress drag and drop page builder.
Elementor Pro version comes with 50+ advanced widgets and every other feature that makes Elementor one of the best WordPress page builder solutions on the market. This includes Elementor Theme Builder, Pop-up Builder, Visual Form Builder, Advanced visual effects and WooCommerce Builder.
Elementor Pro costs as below:
- $49 for a single website
- $99 for three websites
- $199 for 25 websites,
- $499 for 100 websites
- and $999 for 1,000 websites
All plans include 1-year support and updates.
3. Beaver Builder (Best Simple WP Front End Editor)
Beaver Builder is another free and popular WYSIWYG editor for WordPress (Beaver Builder Lite is the free version and is available here).
Beaver Builder’s nice and neat WordPress drag and drop editor allows users to work on their WP sites without using a single line of code.
With Beaver Builder your coding skills do not matter and creating a stunning website is possible with simple drag and drop manipulations.
Beaver Builder has an intuitive and clear interface which makes working with this editor easy for anyone. Over 1,000,000 WordPress websites have been built with Beaver Builder so far and this number is ever-growing.
Here is a quick introduction video to Beaver Builder:
Beaver Builder Main Features:
- Simple and user friendly WYSIWYG editor
- Intuitive drag and drop interface
- No coding skills required
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
- Helpful community
- Awesome pre-made templates
Beaver Builder Additional Features:
- WooCommerce Support
- Save & Reuse Options
- Shortcode Support
- Widget Support
- Import & Export Functions
- Translation friendly
- Social Buttons
Beaver Builder Pricing
Beaver Builder comes in the free version (Beaver Builder Lite) and three different yearly premium packages. The packages are Standard, Pro, and Agency. Here is what each package includes:
Standard Package – $99
- Beaver Page Builder is included
- Beaver Builder Theme is not included
Pro Package – $199
- Beaver Page Builder is included
- Beaver Builder Theme is included
- Multisite Capability
Agency Package – $399
- Everything that the two above packages include plus Multisite Network Settings and White Labeling
All three packages come with 1-year support and are valid for an unlimited number of websites.
4. Thrive, Architect,
Thrive Architect might not be as popular as Divi or Elementor, but it got a special spot among WordPress visual editors and some people consider it to be the best WordPress page builder on the market.
As the page builder positions itself, Thrive Architect is a “click to edit” solution (as they also call this “truly visual WordPress page builder”).
Similar to other WordPress page builders, Thrive Architect adds a real front-end editor to your WordPress meaning that you do not have to deal with WordPress back-end to build your pages.
This aligns well with Thrive Architect’s promise about a truly visual WordPress experience. If you want to edit something using Thrive Architect the only thing you need to do is to click on it and all possible editing options will pop up.
You can click and edit anything you have on your back-end right on the front-end where you actually see what you edit (as you know this is not possible when you work on the back-end).
So, the nature of Thrive Architect is a WordPress editor perfectly aligns with the WYSIWYG concept.
Just like other builders listed above, Thrive Architect requires no coding skills.
It comes with pre-made conversion elements such as buttons, testimonials, lead generation forms, and countdown timers.
Check this quick Thrive Architect walkthrough video:
In contrast with other WordPress page builders, Thrive Architect makes a special accent on being built for business and conversions focused websites.
On top of that, 291 different landing page templates are available in Thrive Architect library to use at the moment of writing this post.
Thrive Architect Main Features:
- Full front-end drag and drop builder (true WordPress WYSIWYG editor)
- Designed to speed up the page building process
- Desktop, smartphone, and tablet previews
- Mobile responsiveness
- Thrive, Theme Builder,
- Thrive Quiz Builder
- Thrive Apprentice (Course builder)
Thrive Architect Additional Features
- 291 pre-designed and conversion-focused smart landing page templates that are also fully customizable (Thrive Architect has its own Smart Landing Pages technology)
- Plus ready-made pages for all your other marketing needs including webinar and product launch pages
- Additional pre-built conversion-focused elements (buttons, countdown timers, forms, testimonials, etc.)
- Easy integration with the major marketing tools
- Simple landing pages designed to quickly validate business ideas
- A/B testing functionality
- Blog post layouts and elements designed for higher user engagement
- Font customization
- Full-width layouts
- Hover effects
- Advanced mobile customization options
Thrive Architect WP Drag and Drop Plugin Pricing
Thrive Architect comes at two different pricing options:
- Thrive Suite Membership at $19 per month which is billed annually at $228. This membership includes access to all Thrive plugins and themes, with unlimited support and product updates.
- Thrive Suite Membership at $30 per month, billed quarterly at $90. This plan also includes access to all the Thrive plugins, Thrive, Theme Builder, unlimited support, product updates, and Thrive University access.
Themify is a well-known WordPress back-end and front-end visual editor that comes with Themify Theme and Themify Builder (which is free as a standalone WordPress editing plugin).
The drag and drop editor can be downloaded independently as a plugin if you are using a different WordPress theme.
Here is how Themify works:
Similar to Divi Builder, Themify also provides two editing options:
- Backend editing
- Frontend editing
So, depending on your personal preferences you can use any of these options and comfortably switch between them.
With Themify backend builder you will be able to easily drag and drop different modules on your WordPress backend to build your pages.
Themify frontend interface at the same time includes a live editor which will provide you the classic WYSIWYG building experience, so you will be able to visually see what you do in real-time.
Themify Builder comes with over 40 professionally designed layouts which you can simply import and build your own pages based on them.
Stunning web pages on many different topics can be created literally in minutes with these pre-made layouts.
With Themify builder you can create amazing animation effects like this one below:
Additionally, Themify page builder plugin includes its own caching system that helps to reduce server resources and makes page processing faster.
Themify Builder Main Features:
- The back-end and front-end page builder for WordPress
- Mobile responsiveness
- Multi-site support
- Can be extended further with add-ons
Themify Builder Additional Features:
- Undo/Redo functions
- Import/Export functions
- Easy duplicating
- Flexible rows and columns combinations
- Layout parts
- 60+ animation effects
- Custom styling
Themify WordPress Page Editor Pricing:
The basic version of Themify Builder is free.
6. Visual Composer
Visual Composer is another massively popular drag and drops WordPress page builder that requires no coding. It allows users to edit pages in real-time on the front-end and view the end results before hitting the publish button.
Design options include control over background, spaces, borders, parallax effects, and more right from the editor.
Hundreds of content elements are available in Visual Composer (some of them are available with Premium access to Visual Composer Hub only).
Visual Composer works with any WordPress theme and you do not lose your design layouts when you switch the themes.
- WordPress WYSIWYG Editor
- WordPress widgets support
- Custom CSS
- Global templates
- Responsive design
- Compatibility with Yoast SEO plugin
7. WP Page Builder
WP Page Builder is a visual page builder plugin developed by Themeum.
It is a beginner-friendly page builder with a clean interface and flexible customization options. You can use nested rows and columns to build any type of layout you want.
Multiple ready-to-use blocks and templates are available that you can import to quickly build pages. But there’s no inline editing, and you will have to edit your text in the sidebar editor.
Some of the content elements included in WP Page Builder are accordion, carousel, form, post grid, button, flip box, heading, icon, image, progress, social buttons, and testimonial carousel.
While WP Page Builder is a nice plugin for building simple page layouts, you don’t get as many options as you get with other builders like Divi Builder or Elementor. Some advanced features like theme builder, popup builder, and marketing integrations are not included with this page builder.
- Front-end WordPress visual editor
- 60 content blocks and 38 addons
- 27 layout packs
- Unlimited redo and undo options
- WordPress widget support
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- Translation ready builder
Similar to Colibri, this page builder also has yearly and lifetime plans:
- Single license — $39/year or $299 one-time payment.
- 5 license pack — $59/year or $399 one-time payment.
- Unlimited license — $99/year or $599 one-time payment.
You will get regular plugin updates and priority support with all the plans. There’s a standard 30-day refund policy also.
Launched in 2016 by Soflyy, Oxygen is one of the best WordPress page builders that has managed to attract a lot of users from the WordPress community.
It is a drag and drop page builder plugin that lets you build powerful WordPress websites with a combination of pre-built templates and other basic elements.
The Oxygen Builder is a full WordPress WYSIWYG editor that supports theme editing too. So if you’re looking for a theme builder or an alternative to Divi or Elementor, Oxygen is a great option to consider.
Check this video to see Oxygen in action:
If you use WooCommerce on your website, you can use Oxygen to create and customize all your shop pages such as products page, checkout page, and product category pages. It also supports WooCommerce styles such as buttons, links, widgets, texts, notifications, and more.
Oxygen Builder Main Features:
- Drag and drop visual editor
- Fully responsive editing
- Flexbox layout engine
- Scroll animations
- Full WooCommerce support
- Global colors
- Supports dynamic data
- Built-in Gutenberg support
Oxygen WordPress Visual Editor Plugin Pricing:
The best thing about Oxygen is that, unlike other page builders, Oxygen only has one-time plans, so you don’t have to pay every year, and all the plans include lifetime updates, lifetime support, and unlimited installations.
The three pricing plans Oxygen offers are:
- Basic plan – costs $99 and covers only the primary Oxygen page builder.
- WooCommerce plan – costs $149 and includes the primary page builder plus WooCommerce integration.
- Agency plan – costs $169 and covers basic, WooCommerce, and the Gutenberg block editor.
As the Oxygen page builder is relatively new and trying to establish its presence in the market, they have very competitive prices, so if you like the page builder, it’s best to buy the WooCommerce or the Agency plan before they increase their price to match the other costlier page builders.
Launched in 2018, Brizy is a relatively new drag-and-drop page builder that lets you build stunning websites quickly and easily with no coding required.
While the WordPress page builder market is dominated by plugins like Elementor (5M+ installations), Divi (767,000+ installations), and Beaver Builder (300,000+ installations), Brizy has managed to get over 80,000 active installations just 3 years after the initial launch.
Brizy offers a fully responsive visual builder with real-time editing. It uses React technology as the backend of the tool, making the drag-and-drop editor very fast and easy to use. The Brizy editor supports smart content tools that show most of the customization options (like text size, color, link, duplicate, etc.) for each content element right on top of it, which saves time.
Many premium features like visual contact forms, sliders, and global settings are included within the Brizy free version. The free version contains 26 builder elements, responsive control, global blocks, and more!
If you want full site editing capabilities to create and customize header, footer, post layout, archives, etc., you can subscribe to Brizy Pro.
- Full site editing with 100% responsive control
- In-built mega menu and popup builder
- WordPress email integration
- 300+ layouts and blocks
- 4000+ vector icons included
- Marketing integration with Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, ConvertKit, etc.
- Dynamic content and ACF support
- White label option for freelancers and agencies
Brizy offers three different pricing plans:
- Personal — $49 per year for 3 sites.
- Studio — $99 per year for unlimited sites.
- Lifetime — $299 one-time payment for unlimited sites.
All plans include all the Brizy Pro features, one year of updates, and premium support.
You also get access to WooCommerce Builder, Popup Builder, 300+ template layouts and blocks, 12 Pro elements, custom fonts, and many marketing integrations with Brizy Pro.
For a limited time, with each Pro plan, Brizy is offering complimentary access to the Brizy Cloud platform, so that is an added advantage if you go with Brizy Pro.
Additional resources on Gutenberg
10. Live Composer
Live Composer is a free and open-source drag and drops WordPress page builder plugin that you can use to create and customize your WP websites.
What we particularly like about Live Composer is that they (like Elementor) call their product a WordPress site builder and not simply WordPress page builder, plugin or editor.
Most of the editors listed on this page started out as page builders and plugins, but most already turned into complete WordPress website builders. So, Live Composer reflects this fact in their main message.
Currently, Live Composer offers a 100% drag and drop page builder interface with more than 30 content modules.
With Live Composer content modules, you can create custom landing pages, blog posts, and other page types (about us, service, homepage, etc.).
The builder seamlessly works with all the WordPress themes, so you don’t have to invest in any particular paid theme.
Live Composer Main Features:
- WordPress WYSIWYG Editor
- 30+ content modules
- Responsive editing
- Full visual drag and drop builder
- SEO friendly
- Landing page support
- Full WooCommerce customization
- In-built Portfolio presets
Live Composer Pricing:
The basic Live Composer site builder is a free WordPress page builder plugin with two premium extension plugins to which you can upgrade if you need more customization options.
- The Pro extension pack costs $49 for 1 site and $99 for unlimited sites. This extension offers additional features such as restricted content, contact forms, preloader, breadcrumbs, ACF support, mega menu, and more.
- The Woo extension pack is priced at $49 for 1 site and $99 for unlimited sites. This extension offers full product page customizations, product listing grids, account stylings, checkout, and cart page customizations.
Both extensions include 12 months of support, regular updates, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. In case you don’t like the product, you can easily ask for a full refund.
Additional WordPress Page Builders, Visual Editors and Other WordPress Editing Plugins
11. MotoPress WordPress Page Builder
MotoPress is another drag and drop WordPress page builder plugin capable of designing pages, posts, and custom post types. You can build 100% responsive websites with MotoPress, without writing a single line of code.
The best part about this plugin is that it works smoothly with all WordPress themes, and it comes with 30+ built-in content elements like text, image, slider, grid gallery, button, social buttons, video, audio, post grid, accordion, tabs, table, and more!
- Visual WordPress Editor
- Editing for mobile, desktop, and tablet devices is available
- It comes with mobile-ready layouts
- From sections to widgets and pages, everything is customizable
- It is compatible with WPML (WordPress Multilingual plugin) and multilingual interface
MotoPress Page Builder Pricing
You will get three pricing options with MotoPress builder:
- Personal plan at $39 for 1 website.
- The business plan at $69 for 5 websites.
- Developer plan at $139 for unlimited websites.
All plans include a yearly license for automatic updates and support.
12. WPBakery Page Builder for WordPress
The WPBakery WordPress Page Builder lets you build responsive websites, and it also allows you to manage your content with ease as it comes with an intuitive WordPress front and back end editor.
Similar to other WordPress builders listed on this page, you won’t require any technical skills or programming knowledge to create websites using WPBakery page builder. The editor also comes with several premium content templates and predefined layouts, which allow building WordPress websites in a very short time.
- This WordPress plugin supports both front end and back end editing
- Comes with 80+ predefined layouts and grid design templates
- Comes with a shortcode mapper
- Multisite and multilingual support
- 200+ addons with hundreds of content elements
- Built-in user role controls
- Compatible with WooCommerce and Yoast SEO
WPBakery Page Builder Pricing
The regular package is available for $45 for use on 1 site, along with free updates, 6 months premium support, and access to a template library.
The extended package is available for $245 for use in a single SaaS application, along with free updates, premium support, and theme integration.
13. Colibri WordPress Page Builder
Colibri is a full site drag-and-drop page builder based on the WordPress Customizer. From the header, footer, page content, post layout, navigation menus, global and individual styling — you can edit everything in the Colibri page builder.
All the builder content components are fully customizable with settings like background and colors, typography, alignment, border, shadow, margins, and paddings.
Other than that, Colibri has over 90 website packs and over 150 predefined blocks for sections like about, features, services, testimonials, team, portfolio, contact forms, etc.
- Multiple hero section designs
- Shape dividers
- 90+ full website templates included
- 150+ pre-designed blocks
- 40+ drag-and-drop content components
Colibri offers both yearly and lifetime plans:
- Personal at $67 yearly or $159 one-time payment for 1 site.
- Business at $74 yearly or $209 one-time payment for 5 sites.
- Agency at $129 yearly or $359 one-time payment for unlimited sites.
All plans offer priority support, constant updates, and 20% renewal discounts (applicable on yearly plans only).
14. Page Builder by SiteOrigin
The most popular WordPress page builder plugin out there that is totally free but powerful.
Page Builder by SiteOrigin might not be as advanced as other page builders listed here, but it does its job well. This page builder offers back-end and front-end editing options based on widgets.
SiteOrigin Page Builder works with any theme and keeps your layout and content in place when you change your WordPress theme.
Page Builder by SiteOrigin does not require any coding to build beautiful WordPress websites and pages that are fully responsive. It’s easy enough to edit WordPress pages with this editor both on the back-end and front end.
Although its functionality is not as rich as the premium options above the SiteOrigin Page Builder does its job effectively and with ease. It’s a nice simple (a little old-fashioned) page builder plugin, but probably not more than that.
- Based on content elements
- Front-end and back-end functionality
- Works with any WordPress theme
- Useful history browser that lets to roll forward and back through your edits
15. Gutenberg WordPress Editor
WordPress has relatively recently launched a new visual builder called Gutenberg, which is designed to ease the workflow for the users and give powerful styling options built-in in the editor.
Unlike other page builders, Gutenberg comes pre-installed with WordPress.
This new builder uses a new blocks approach where each paragraph, image, etc. is considered a single block so that you can style everything the way you want without the need for coding.
You can create modern and multimedia heavy layouts with Gutenberg without installing any additional plugin.
But as Gutenberg is new and is geared towards ease of use, it lacks a few advanced features such as wrapping options, padding, and margins, etc.
Gutenberg currently has only backend editing functionality, so it’s not a complete WordPress WYSIWYG editor like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, and others. You don’t see the final output in real-time when editing with Gutenberg. To see your changes on the page you need to use the preview function (which means an additional click every time).
This default WordPress editor is best if you are looking to create simple layouts. It’s not as advanced as other WordPress page builder plugins listed on this page.
Gutenberg Editor Main Features:
- Native to WP
- Paragraph block
- Heading block
- Subheading block
- Quotes block
- Image block
- Gallery block
- Cover Image block
- Video block
- Audio block
- Lists block
- and, Buttons block
- Integrations and addons
Gutenberg is completely free and is now included in all WordPress 5.0 installations by default. If you haven’t updated to the latest version yet, you can install the Gutenberg plugin from the WordPress repository for free.
16. Microthemer — Live CSS editor for WordPress Site Builders
Microthemer is a live CSS (point-and-click) editor that you can use to get developer-level design control on your website. You can design responsively, create CSS grid layouts, integrate with the page builder of your choice, and get expert help with this editor.
You can use Microthemer to change the page design in a matter of seconds as the style edits instantly make an appearance on the screen. Microthemer also shows the HTML code for the selected elements, which makes it easy to edit and stylize.
- Microthemer can customize any part of a WordPress page
- Comes with a variety of (150+) CSS styling options
- It is equipped with drag and drop CSS grid controls
- Supports Google fonts
- Comes with a revision and restore feature
- Built-in responsive design support with multiple breakpoints
- Integrates well with other popular WordPress page builders like Elementor, Oxygen, and Beaver Builder
Microthemer offers both yearly and lifetime pricing options where yearly plans have an annual fee, and they can be canceled or upgraded at any time. The lifetime plans have a pay once, use forever policy.
The plans are as follows:
- Standard yearly plan at $49 for 3 sites in total, 1 year of free upgrades and support
- Developer yearly plan at $90 for unlimited sites, 1 year of free upgrades and support
- Standard lifetime plan at $78 for 3 sites license, lifetime upgrades and support
- Developer lifetime plan at $399 for unlimited sites, lifetime upgrades and support
Lastly, there’s a Developer monthly plan at $0 for the first month (afterward, it’s $8.99/month), which is good for users to try the builder before paying for it.
17. Advanced Editor Tools (TinyMCE Editor)
Previously known as TinyMCE Editor, Advanced Editor Tools is a rich text editor that now merges the WordPress classic editor and the Gutenberg editor. This means that you can use the Classic Paragraph Block of the old classic editor in the new Gutenberg editor — giving you the best of both worlds.
The Advanced Editor Tools plugin allows you to add, remove, and arrange different buttons in the visual editor toolbar as per your choice, and it also lets you configure up to four different rows of buttons, including tables, colors, background, text, font family, and font sizes.
- Allows you to opt between the classic block and classic paragraph in terms of setting the default block in the WordPress editor
- Allows you to create and edit tables in the classic editor and the classic blocks
- Search and replace function
- Supports custom font family and font size in the classic block and classic editor
The basic version of TinyMCE is available on WordPress.org, which you can download for free.
To get access to the premium editor, you can subscribe to its cloud essential plan at $25 per month, which, when billed annually, you get 2 months free. It can be billed monthly as well. You will get ticketing support in the premium plan, more than 9 premium plugins, and premium icons and skins.
There’s another cloud professional plan which costs $75 per month which offers everything in the cloud essential along with a link checker, spell checker pro, and accessibility checker.
18. Blog Designer and Blog Designer PRO for WordPress
Blog Designer is a quick and free solution for anyone who wishes to have a responsive blog page along with the website. Blog Designer comes with 10 unique blog templates, and you can easily set up your WordPress website’s blog with it.
This plugin allows you to create nice and clean blog pages without any technical or CSS skills up your sleeves. The admin panel is also user-friendly, and beginners can use it easily too.
However, Blog Designer is not an advanced all-in-one WordPress drag and drop plugin like other more sophisticated visual editors listed above on this page. It’s a simple WordPress plugin for simple tasks.
Main Features of Blog Designer
- Fully responsive
- Cross-browser support such as for Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and others
- The number of posts per page can be managed easily
- Comes with 10 default blog templates
- Custom CSS support
- Translation ready
Main Features of Blog Designer Pro
- 50 default blog templates along with more than 200 options for combinations
- Comes with 10 grid templates
- More than 5 unique timeline templates
- Over 3 magazine templates
- More than 40 single post layout designs with several features
- Over 600 fonts
Blog Designer is available for free on WordPress.org, while Blog Designer Pro’s regular license is available for $59.
19. Genesis Blocks (former Atomic Blocks) – Gutenberg Blocks Collection
Atomic Blocks has changed its name to Genesis Blocks, but the beautiful design, powerful blocks, and the plugin’s innovative team remain the same.
Atomic Blocks is not a complete WordPress editor as such. It’s a WordPress plugin with a collection of page building blocks made for the new Gutenberg block editor.
After WordPress introduced Gutenberg, new WordPress editor plugins started to appear aiming to fill Gutenberg gaps and extend its functionality. Genesis Block is one of those WordPress plugins and it adds a lot of extra value to Gutenberg editor.
The plugin makes it easy for you to customize the page layouts and design sections to get better and faster results with Gutenberg.
- Google AMP support
- Premium block, section, and layouts library
- Role-based user permissions
Atomic Blocks Pricing
The basic version of Atomic Blocks is free, which includes 14 blocks, 4 pre-built page layouts and 8 pre-built sections.
20. Ultimate Blocks – Gutenberg Blocks Plugin
Ultimate Blocks is a Gutenberg blocks library plugin that over 20,000 WordPress users use. It’s similar to Atomic Blocks in its functionality.
The plugin comes with 15 Gutenberg blocks, including team block, price list block, testimonial block, info box block, content filter, table of contents, HowTo schema, countdown, and others.
The good part about using Ultimate Blocks is that it is equipped with built-in support for the Astra theme, which allows you to create good-looking websites.
- Comes with 23 new blocks
- Comes with an infobox
- It is equipped with content timeline blocks
Ultimate Blocks Pricing
Ultimate Blocks is free.
Best WordPress Page Builder: Who is the Winner?
As you can see there is a big variety of different WordPress editors (both free and premium). Telling which one is the best among them is not an easy task.
Competition is fierce between WordPress page builder plugins and every popular page builder out there considers itself to be the best.
Plus, each competing WordPress builder constantly tries to grow and improve further by adding new features, enhancing their drag and drop interface, live editor, content elements, page templates (including landing page templates) and by making the overall product easy to use and more user friendly.
So, the best page builder for WordPress is a little vague status that is hard to tell.
Even if told this status will probably keep passing from one builder to another as they improve and take over the competition.
To put it short, at this very moment the following builders are closer to being the best WordPress builder compared to others: Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen and Thrive Architect.
In case dealing with the code is not your strongest skill, drag and drop WordPress page builders are very helpful solutions that completely solve this issue for you.
What they do is that they literally transform WordPress into a simple and easy website builder.
Of course, it is up to you to decide which of the above is the best WordPress WYSIWYG editor, but one thing is for sure:
With page builders, you get the full power of WordPress and the ease of drag and drop (or WYSIWYG) at the same time – two major components combined in one.
WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode is an editing mode where the user can see how the end result will look like in real-time while editing the document in the editor. The new WP editor – Gutenberg is a backend WYSIWYG editor that adds page-builder-like functionality to WordPress.
WordPress page builder is usually a plugin which when enabled allows users to build websites in a code-free mode. Today, WordPress page builders are extremely advanced and are more like website builders with tons of sophisticated features and capabilities.
It depends on what you want to build. For a very basic blog you normally don’t need a page builder. This is the original purpose for which WordPress has been initially built for. So simple blogging is very easy with WordPress, you don’t need a page builder for it.
But if you want to build a website (not just a blog) then you will likely need a page builder to do so (if you want to build code-free).
With Gutenberg, you don’t have to. Gutenberg comes preinstalled.
But if you need something more advanced, then this will depend on the particular WYSIWYG editor you want to use.
If the editor you want to use is available as a plugin you can add it by going to the WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
There you can search for the editor plugin (like Elementor or Beaver Builder), or you can upload the plugin .zip file directly. After that, click on Activate, and the editor will be available to use in posts and pages.
It’s important to note here that Gutenberg is not a front end editor. With Gutenberg, you edit in the backend but in WYSIWYG mode.
More advanced builders, like Divi, Elementor or Beaver Builder allow front-end editing, so the first thing you need to do in order to use them is to add them to your WordPress website.
Once you have the front-end editor installed and activated on your WordPress website, you can go to Posts > Add New and click on Edit with editor (different editors will have different wording here like “Edit with Divi” or “Edit with Elementor”).
To edit an existing page with the front-end editor, you can navigate to the pages (or posts), find the page that you want to edit, hover over it and click on Edit with the editor to open the page within the editor. Alternatively, you can just go to the page on your browser while logged in to your WordPress dashboard and you will see your editing options in the top bar.
The best free WordPress page builders are Elementor and Beaver Builder. These page builders offer features like responsive live drag and drop editing, pre-designed templates, inline editing, background overlays, and 40+ free content widgets. You can download these page builders for free from the WordPress plugins directory.
Unlike Elementor and Beaver Builder, Divi does not have a free version.
Today, WordPress editing plugins are extremely user friendly and easy to use (both free and premium). The actual building part usually happens within a simple drag and drop environment where you can literally drag and drop, edit and customize elements right on your website in a true WYSIWYG mode.
Plus. the major WordPress builders like Divi and Elementor provide a great number of learning materials and tutorials. So, even if you don’t know how to use certain features you can always quickly learn it.
In most cases, yes.
With the evolution of WP editor plugins the line between drag and drop WP themes and drag and drop page builders became blurred. Today, top WordPress page builders come with their own themes (for example, Divi Builder comes with Divi Theme, Elementor with Hello Theme, and Beaver Builder with Beaver Theme).