Tiemonium Methylsulfate is a synthetic antispasmodic agent. Tiemonium strengthens calcium bonding with phospholipids and proteins thus stabilizing the cell membrane of the GI tract.Tiemonium Methylsulphate is a quarternary ammonium antimuscarinic agent with spasmolytic (antispasmodic) and parasympatholytic (anticholinergic) effects and is used in the relief of visceral spasms.
Indications of Tiemonium Methylsulfate
- Visceral spasms
- Tiemonium Methylsulphate may also be used for purposes
- It reduces muscle spasms of the intestine, biliary system, bladder and uterus.
- pain in gastrointestinal and biliary diseases and
- urology and gynaecology
- biliary colic,
- mild cystitis and
- spasmodic dysmenorrhoea
Contra Indications of Tiemonium Methylsulfate
- Tiemonium Methylsulphate is a quarternary ammonium antimuscarinic agent with spasmolytic (antispasmodic) and parasympatholytic (anticholinergic) effects and is used in the relief of visceral spasms.
- angle closure glaucoma
- urethro prostatic disorder
Dosage of Tiemonium Methylsulfate
Recommended oral dose of Tiemonium Methylsulphate tablet is 2-6 tablets (100-300 mg) daily in divided dosage as required. Xelcom 5 mg/2 ml Injection:
Recommended injectable dose is one or two Tiemonium Methylsulphate Injection three times daily, through Intravenous route slowly or Intramuscular route.
Side Effects of Tiemonium
- Tiemonium Methylsulphate may also cause side-effects
Pregnancy & Lactation
Before using Tiemonium Methylsulfate, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.