Argentum nitricum is homeopathy medicine that is used to treat the patients’ suffering from chronic intestinal diseases (Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Indeterminate Colitis) are prone to the development of pyogenic complications. These complications are most commonly in the form of perianal or intraabdominal abscesses and/or fistulas. The treatment of these complications are managed differently but, after an initial treatment based on medical or minimally invasive management, the solution of the pathological condition is always achieved by a surgical procedure. In the last few years, prospective studies have proposed an alternative conservative therapeutic approach based on the application of fibrin glue in the healing of patients with fistulas-in-ano. In this paper,r we suggest and discuss the therapeutic potential of silver and quarz in the conservative treatment of anorectal fistulas pointing out their role in modulating particular steps of the pathogenetic process which characterizes this pathological condition.
Indications of Argentum Nitricum
The following are the main indications for Argentum nitricum:, 
- Anxiety which is associated with impulsivity and a need to keep busy, but accomplishing nothing. Anxiety and nervousness can result in loose stools. Anxiety is associated with frequency errors of perception, such as hurrying restlessly to complete a task with the notion that time is running out when in reality there is more than adequate time left.
- Vertigo associated with general debility and trembling from nervous weakness. Vertigo can be so severe that it can cause momentary blindness in association with mental confusion, buzzing in the ears, nausea, and trembling.
- Locomotor ataxia or defective coordination of muscles.
- A headache with coldness and trembling.
- Back pain in the lumbosacral region. Back pain may be associated with pain in the small of the back which is very severe when rising from a sitting, position but relieved by walking.
- Functional paralysis, gastralgia, granular or purulent conjunctivitis.
- Mind – Thinks his understanding will and must fail. Fearful and nervous; the impulse to jump out of the window. Faintish and tremulous. Melancholic; apprehensive of serious disease. Time passes slowly. Memory weak. Errors of perception. Impulsive; wants to do things in a hurry (Lilium). Peculiar mental impulses. Fears and anxieties and hidden irrational motives for actions.
- Head – a Headache with coldness and trembling. Emotional disturbances cause the appearance of hemicranial attacks. The sense of expansion. Brain-fag, with general debility and trembling. A headache from mental exertion, from dancing. Vertigo, with buzzing in ears and with nervous affections. Aching in frontal eminence, with enlarged feeling in the corresponding eye. Boring pain; better on tight bandaging and pressure. Itching of the scalp. Hemi-crania; bones of head feel as if separated.
- Eyes – Inner canthi swollen and red. Spots before the vision. Blurred vision. Photophobia in a warm room. Purulent ophthalmia. Great swelling of conjunctiva; discharge abundant and purulent. Chronic ulceration of margin of lids; sore, thick, swollen. Unable to keep eyes fixed steadily. Eye-strain from sewing; worse in a warm room. Aching, tired feeling in eyes, better closing or pressing upon them. Useful in restoring power to the weakened ciliary muscles. The paretic condition of the ciliary muscle. Acute granular conjunctivitis. Cornea opaque. Ulcer in the cornea.
- Nose – Loss of smell. Itching. Ulcers in the septum. Coryza, with chilliness, lachrymation, and headache.
- Face – Sunken, old, pale, and bluish. Old man’s look; tight drawing of skin over bones.
- Mouth – Gums tender and bleed easily. The tongue has prominent papillæ; the tip is red and painful. Pain in sound teeth. Taste coppery, like ink. Canker sores.
- Throat – Much thick mucus in throat and mouth causes hawking. Raw, rough and sore. The sensation of a splinter in the throat on swallowing. Dark redness of throat. Catarrh of smokers, with tickling as of hair in the throat. Strangulated feeling.
- Stomach – Belching accompanies most gastric ailments. Nausea, retching, vomiting of glairy mucus. Flatulence; painful swelling of the pit. Painful spot over the stomach that radiates to all parts of the abdomen. Gnawing ulcerating pain; burning and constriction. The ineffectual effort at eructation. Great craving for sweets. Gastritis of drunkards. Ulcerative pain in left side under ribs. Trembling and throbbing in the stomach. Enormous distention. Ulceration of stomach, with radiating pain. The desire for cheese and salt.
- Abdomen – Colic, with much flatulent distention. Stitchy ulcerative pain on left side of stomach, below short ribs.
- Stool – Watery, noisy, flatulent; green, like chopped spinach, with shreddy mucus and enormous distention of abdomen; very offensive. Diarrhœa immediately after eating or drinking. Fluids go right through him; after sweets. After any emotion with flatulence. Itching of anus.
- Urine – Urine passes unconsciously, day and night. Urethra inflamed, with pain, burning, itching; pain as from a splinter. Urine scanty and dark. Emission of a few drops after having finished. Divided stream. The early stage of gonorrhea; profuse discharge and terrible cutting pains; bloody urine.
- Male – Impotence. Erection fails when coition is attempted. Cancer-like ulcers. Desire wanting. Genitals shrivel. Coition painful.
The dosage of Argentum Nitricum
- Adults- Take 4 or 6 Tablets by mouth, three times daily or as suggested by the physician. Children 2 years and older- take 1/2 the adult dose.
About the author