Orris essential oil is the pale yellowish color oil that is extracted from the roots of the Orris plant with the steam distillation method. The essential oil has a tempting and floral fragrance. It is used to treat diarrhea and cough. The roots of Orris are used to flavor syrups. It provides relief from lung congestion, pain, and halitosis. It counteracts bacteria and freshens the scalp. Iron, Menthyl myristate, Ionone, Isoflavones, Iridin, Irilone irigenin, Triterpenes, ß-amyrin, and ß-sitosterol are the vital chemical components of Orris essential oil. It possesses diuretic, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, astringent, antibacterial, anti-cancer, antifungal, antiseptic, emetic, emollient, cholagogue, and skincare properties. This oil is used for the production of aromatic products such as scented candles, exotic perfumes, room fresheners, incense sticks, and soaping baths.
Orris NON-Alcohol liquid extract contains only natural ingredients, use classic conventional methods of extraction! It meticulously produces our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant. The dried material/solvents ratio is 1:3! It strictly uses Only Certified Organic or ethically sourced wild harvested raw material, vegetable palm glycerin, and crystal clear artesian purified water! Really the BEST Orris herbal glycerite on market! Made with love for plants and respect for Nature!
In ancient Rome and Greece, Orris root was used Rome and Greece. It was originated in Morocco. Orris root was used since ancient times as a vital component in concoctions of perfumes.
- Orris Essential Oil for Preventing or Relieving Arthritis. Arthritis is a very common condition among aging men and women, but can also occur among young individuals. The main symptom of this condition is pain or swelling along the joints. The symptom can be mild to severe, depending on a number of factors. Some experience arthritis for a brief period, while others suffer the pain for a longer time. The Orris Essential Oil can help you avoid or relieve Arthritis thanks to its anti-inflammatory property.
- Orris Essential Oil as a Cholagogue. A cholagogue is a substance that induces the production of bile, an important digestive substance used to break down fat molecules. This medicinal property allows you to use the oil to avoid developing a fatty liver.
- Orris Essential Oil for Treating Bronchitis and Pulmonary Edema. Fluid build-up in the lungs is described as Pulmonary Edema. This condition can cause severe breathing difficulty. Bronchitis on one hand is medically described as a condition where the bronchial tubes are inflamed, resulting to the thickening of mucus lining. The Iris root essential oil can be used to treat both Pulmonary Edema and Bronchitis. You can use the Iris plant oil to help manage these two respiratory diseases. The diuretic property of the oil helps get rid of the fluids inside the lungs, while the emetic property helps remove the mucus buildup in the respiratory tract for patients with bronchitis.
- Orris Essential Oil as a Mild and Natural Diuretic. As a mild diuretic, the Orris Essential Oil can help you treat several conditions such as high blood pressure, liver disease, kidney problems, and heart failure. Diuretics are used to get rid of excess fluid in the body by increasing the frequency and the amount of fluid expelled through urination. Just be mindful of using the oil as a diuretic to avoid dehydration.
Orris root health benefits
- Strong and healthy teeth: There are many studies in which is said that orris powder is used very commonly as a substance in toothpaste and other pasts because it can give a fresh and good fragrance. In many cases, the dried roots are given to babies for teething because it can make their teeth healthier and stronger.
- Avoid puffiness: This type of powder is very effective to reduce puffiness in the throat. Also, this herb can help to treat breathing problems very easily.
- Relives lung congestion, halitosis, diarrhea, and other problems: It is known that heavy congestions in the lungs, diarrhea, and halitosis can be cured when someone is consuming orris powder. This type of powder can help to minimize the swelling and inflammation in the bronchial area which is minimizing the effects of nasal problems.
- Great antiseptic: Orris root has essential minerals and oils which can give a healing effect to the person because it is acting as an antiseptic. You can apply the orris powder to many types of burns, scars, etc.
- Provides fresh and glowy skin: This type of powder is very commonly used in face powders and other cosmetics due to its composition and fragrance. The orris root powder can help the skin to retain back the moisture and elasticity and it will give the person fresh and glowy skin. The orris root powder can help you to rid of the harmful toxins and the ruptured cells.
- Keeps the skin moisturized: There are many studies in which is said that the combination of margosa and orris roots can help you to keep the skin moisturized. Also, this powder can help to remove the itchiness and dryness from the skin. These contents can be also used with honey. You can use them together with the honey toward your face and do this natural treatment in a circular motion.
- Removes skin impurities and germs: When orris root is combined with margosa extracts, then it can help to clean the skin impurities and germs.
- Freshens your scalp and hair: If you put a pinch of orris powder on your scalp, then you can notice that your hair will be beautiful and fluffy. This powder has a subtle fragrance that will freshen your hair and scalp.
- Preparation of wigs: It is a known fact that the orris powder in ancient times was used to prepare wigs
- Healthy and beautiful hair: There are many studies in which is said that the roots of orris in powdered form are very healthy for long and beautiful hair. This type of powder is prepared by crushing and grinding the stems. This powder tends to make the hair very glossy, smooth, and presentable.
- Functioning of the brain: It is a known fact that this powder is used for the proper functioning of the brain. The orris root powder can improve the thinking power and the energy level in your body. The orris root essential oil is made from the dried root flowers of orris.
- Treat oral problems: This herb is very effective for nasal and oral issues. It has antiseptic properties which can help to cure scar cuts, ulcers, and wounds.
- It was used to treat diarrhea and cough.
- This oil is useful for urinary problems by increasing the formation of urine in both quantity and frequency.
- It balances hormones and prevents urinary inflammation.
- It lowers the chances of renal calculi, arthritis, sinus infections, and rheumatism.
- It also treats anxiety, stress, depression, annoyance, and mental fatigue.
- If used in aromatherapy, it provides relief from mind-associated problems.
- It also uplifts the mood.
- It was used to treat liver diseases and skin problems.
- It is also used to cure edema and bronchitis.
- People with sensitive stomachs could get allergic reactions.
- It should not be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- People having sensitive skin should do a patch test before using.
- Allergic people should not use it.
- Use it in moderate amounts.
From Where To Buy
- Traditionally used for infants and toddlers to treat teething problems
- The biting on the root has a pain-relieving effect.
- Orris is the root of the iris, a beautiful, blooming flower species.
- The root has been used in perfumes for years. The orris root contains essential oils, flavanoids, tannins and starch.
- Net Weight: 1.76oz / 50g. Ingredients: 100% Iris Germanica
- Edible Premium Food-grade, Made in Germany. 100% Pure, Vegan. All Natural Ingredients, Raw & Caffeine Free.
- Orris NON-Alcohol liquid extract contains ONLY natural ingredients!
- High Quality Orris NON-Alcohol liquid extract - we use classic conventional methods of extraction! We meticulously produce our extracts according to precise standards where each herb is extracted according to the distinct characteristic of each plant!
- Super concentrated Orris NON-Alcohol extract: dried material / solvents ratio is 1:3!
- We strictly use Only Certified Organic or ethically sourced wild harvested raw material, vegetable palm glycerin and crystal clear artesian purified water! Really the BEST Orris herbal glycerite on market! Made with love for plants and respect for Nature!
The International Federation of Aromatherapists, The Leading Aromatherapy Associations (Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), International Aromatherapy and Aromatic Medicine Association, Aromatherapy Trade Council, and others) all state that essential oils should not be taken internally (regardless of purity or organic origin) unless under the guidance of a health care practitioner trained at an appropriate level or supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
About the author