Natrum phosphoricum is one of the key remedies for grief and depression. A keynote of this remedy is the tendency for nocturnal seminal. Natrum phosphoricum may be recommended when the patient has a pale, bluish cast of the face, canker sores and blisters on the tip of the tongue, or rheumatism in the knee. This homeopathic remedy reportedly helps people with rheumatic arthritis, conjunctivitis, worms, and diabetes. Gastric problems, such as heartburn or indigestion, diminished energy in the morning, and nervousness all may indicate the need for this remedy. According to homeopathic medicine, all of these signs and symptoms are due to lactic acid build up.
Uses / Indications of Natrum Phosphoricum
Natrum Phosphoricum helps in gout and rheumatism, pains in fingers, toes, ankles, and knee joint. Natrum Phosphoricum is also useful in other conditions like urticaria. Natrum Phosphoricum is also useful in conjunctivitis, post-nasal catarrh, and diabetes.
- Acidity (infants)
- Glands, scrofulous swelling of Goitre
- Rhinitis, atrophic
- Mind – Apathy Moroseness, ill-humor, and irascibility, Excessive gaiety, with laughter. Mental excitement, with voluptuous images. The weakness of memory, Distraction. A great concourse of ideas, and liveliness of imagination.
- Head – Dullness, and confusion in the head Vertigo, when pressing one (left) cheek while supporting the head, sudden, as from pressure on the whole head. A headache, with a forcing outwards at forehead Pressive, stupefying headache, principally in the forehead, or semi-lateral, and mostly when passing from a warm into a cold temperature (and vice versa) Heaviness of head, with dull pain, Pinching in temples. Deep, stupefying stitches in the brain (pressing, slow stitch from behind forward through left hemisphere of the brain). Stupefying shooting in temples (in right temple when eating, worse from pressure, extending into upper teeth of right side)
- Eyes – Pains in eyes, as from contraction of the sockets, with burning in eyes. Sight confused as if directed through a veil.
- Ears – Tearing in ears, sometimes when eating, with lancinations. Sensation as if ear were drawn inwards, Deafness as from stoppage of the ear. The sensation of a stoppage of ears (first 1eft, then right, also of nose and larynx) when reading aloud, hearing unaffected, Numbness in left ear.
- Nose – The sensation of stoppage of larynx and ears. Profuse coryza from frontal sinuses, with hot, burning, profuse lachrymation, Face and Teeth. Facial neuralgia (especially caused and worse by a change of temperature), generally with stupefying, pressive or tensive pains, principally in cheekbones, and commencing from the maxillary joint, worse by clenching teeth, and by external pressure. Violent pressure in left malar bone and zygoma. Stitches in the left zygomatic arch. Shootings in the cheek-bones, with dull pressure. The violent tension in integuments of chin, masseters, and throat. A toothache, with tearing pain in the molars.
- Mouth – Copious accumulation of salt saliva in the mouth. The root of tongue brown, without bad taste, in the morning and during the forenoon. The tongue of a brownish yellow color, loaded with viscid mucus in the morning and after dinner.
- Throat – Very severe pain in the throat on swallowing
- Appetite – Mawkish taste, with fetid breath. Hunger, without relish for food. Insatiable thirst.
- Stomach – Regurgitation of insipid serum. Empty, or else bitter risings, with nausea. Frequent hiccough. Aching of the stomach. The sensation of emptiness at the pit of the stomach, which disappears with a rumbling below left ribs.
- Abdomen – Cuttings and shootings in left hypochondrium. Incessant gurgling and rumbling beneath left ribs. Inflation of the abdomen, violent and painful pressure on the navel, as by a stone, worse by bending double. Spasmodic constriction of the hypogastrium, towards the umbilical region. Pains in the abdomen, which extend deeply downwards, with want to evacuate, and spasmodic contraction of anus Pinchings and gripings in the abdomen. Shootings in the abdomen, principally in umbilical region, sometimes tearing and trending downwards. Sensation as if intestines had adhered to the umbilical region, and were torn away.
- Stool and Anus – Fearful diarrhea, griping, much pain as if pierced with a lance through inside of left ankle-joint, pain in both cheekbones and above eyebrows, menses came on early this time, and she has coughed a good deal. Suppressed evacuation. Feces hard, like sheep-dung, and expelled with effort.
- Urinary Organs – Frequent want to urinate, with profuse emission (afterward scanty). Enuresis Nocturna, (obstinate, l with seminal emissions.
- Respiratory Organs – Sensation of obstruction in the larynx and nose, with hoarseness when reading aloud, deep voice. Catarrh, with hoarseness and stuffed chest. A cough especially in the evening, and at night, when sleeping, generally rough and dry, or hollow and dull. Dry, hoarse cough worse at night. Frequent attacks of deep, hollow, hoarse cough, with a sound like a trumpet, caused by tickling in larynx and chest. A cough is lessened as soon as the patient succeeds in taking a breath.
- Chest – Shooting in the chest, sometimes with oppression and obstructed respiration. The tension in the chest, with lancinations in the region of the heart, in the evening, after lying down. Stitches in the chest. Red nodosity near xiphoid cartilage, painful when pressed upon
- Back – Lancinations in the back and shoulder-blades. Sharp intermittent stitches in left scapula. Fine persistent stitch in last dorsal vertebra. Between right loin and spine deep, knife-like stitches quite intense in intestines. A backache worse from pressure.
- Upper Limbs – Tearing pain in the shoulder, back of hand, and elbow. The spasmodic pressure in forearm, hand, and them. Tearing shootings in hand and fingers. Tensive pain in the wrist. Wrenching pain in joint of hand. Stitches like a sprain (or paralysis), where the carpal bone of thumb articulates with radius. Paralytic pain in joints of fingers
- Lower Limbs – Excessive heaviness and lassitude in legs and feet. especially when going upstairs. Cramp-like pain in muscles of the right thigh, while walking in open air, the Spasmodic pressure in thighs, legs, and soles. The cramp-like pressure in the sole or right foot, while standing, disappears when walking. Trembling of knees. Dull lancinations in patella, bones of feet, and toes. Violent, intermittent, dull sticking in metatarsal bones of great and adjacent toes of left foot during rest. Tearing along legs.
The Dosage of Natrum Phosphoricum
- Children from 2 to 5 years: Crush 2 tablets and dissolve in water 3 times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Adults and children over 5 years: Chew 2 tablets 3 times.
- Adults & Children age 6+: 4 Tablets
- Children (ages 2-6): 2 Tablets. Dissolve under tongue 3 times a day. Use more frequently (every 15 minutes up to 8 doses) with acute conditions.