How to Lighten/ Red Your Dark Lips Naturally?
If you’ve ever wondered whom to curse for pigmented lips, it’s not only genetics, sister. Several factors such as smoking, caffeine, age, and harmful UV rays from the sun can have a negative impact on our lips, causing them to go unattractively darker. Fortunately, you can reclaim that rosy youth again – literally. The following are five natural and easy-on-the-wallet homemade remedies that will lighten your lips and get you the picture perfect rosy pout of your dreams!
Make Your Very Own Berry Balm
Raspberries and strawberries don’t only stimulate your taste buds, they also possess the ability to make your lips glow! Most beauty gurus cite berries as the most effective homemade remedy to lighten pigmented, darker lips. Berries are rich in vital minerals and vitamins, which are considered crucial in regards to keeping our lips healthy and vibrant.
How To Use
- Make a strawberry lip balm using Vaseline! Puree your strawberries until you’re able to extract the juice. Then, mix the strawberry juice with some petroleum jelly in a 1:2 ratio. For best results, apply daily.
- Or, mix the juice of raspberries with some honey and aloe vera. Once prepared, apply this paste on your lips and leave it on. After a minimum of 10 minutes, rinse your lips with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment 3 to 4 times per week for rosy, beautiful lips.
Sweeten Those Lips With Honey
When it comes to the world of superfoods, honey is the indisputable king.
It has a myriad of benefits, yet hardly anybody is aware that it also has the ability to soften and lighten pigmented lips. Bonus? This veritable liquid gold is also super moisturizing, and hence can simultaneously combat chapped lips.
How To Use
- Go old school and simply apply honey directly. Ensure that you never forget to coat your lips with 1 tsp of honey every night before you head off to bed. Rinse off the coating the next morning.
- Alternatively, you could also make a paste of honey, gram flour, and yogurt in a 1:1:1 ratio. Apply this paste on to your lips and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Then, rinse away using lukewarm water.
Soak In The Goodness Of Olive Oil
Oils can also help you attain that lighter, rosier pout of your dreams! And out of all the oils available in your kitchen, olive oil is universally acknowledged as the best remedy. Packed with oleic acid and the goodness of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, olive oil can help nurture and soften your lips, making them lush and lighter.
How To Use
- For healthier and pinker lips, massage your lips daily with some extra virgin olive oil right before heading to bed.
- Alternatively, you could also enrich the olive oil by making a DIY scrub! Add ½ a tbsp. whole sugar to a few drops of olive oil and use this mixture to gently scrub your lips. Repeat this treatment once every week to see results under a month.
When Life Gives You Lemon Pucker Up!
It is a commonly acknowledged fact that lemons possess a mild bleaching effect – after all, it is the essential ingredient in almost all successful skin and hair lightening treatments. This specific property of lemons makes it a very effective homemade remedy for darker, pigmented lips as well. The acidic nature of lemon juice helps peel the uppermost skin layer off, producing lighter and softer lips!
How To Use
- Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice upon your lips daily before you head for bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse with lukewarm water the next morning.
- Another great remedy is to make a mixture of honey and glycerin. Mix ½ tsp of lemon juice with ½ tsp of glycerin and ½ tsp of honey. Apply the mixture on the lips and leave it on overnight. Rinse the next morning.
Beetroot Juice, The Rosy Pout Superhero
Another great remedy for dark lips is beetroot juice! This vibrantly, rich hued vegetable possesses the capacity to improve the blood circulation to your lips. It also possesses mild bleaching properties; hence, it could help you successfully lighten your lips.
How To Use
- Apply fresh beetroot juice onto your lips every night just as you’re headed to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse the next morning. You will see noticeably pinker lips the next morning.
- Alternatively, massage lips with a mixture of beetroot juice and carrot juice in a 1:1 ratio. Massage for a minimum of 10 minutes for 2-3 times per week.
Use these easy-breezy home remedies to lighten lips and attain the pink, rosy pout of your Instagram dreams. Stay beautiful!
Honey, sugar and milk cream to remove dark lips
No one wants lips that are chapped and black. Every woman dreams of desirable rosy red lips. And one of the best ways to lighten dark lips permanently at home is using a homemade exfoliating lip balm.
How to use
- Mix 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp milk cream in a bowl. Add a few drops of honey to the solution to form a runny paste.
- Apply a thin coat of the paste on your lips and massage them.
- Re-apply another layer after massaging for a couple of minutes. Let it put for the next 10 minutes.
- Wear it off with tap water while massaging it.
Apply this homemade lip scrubber 4 times a day for 1 week to get natural red lips easily at home. Because milk cream and sugar will naturally lighten pigmented lips. And honey will repair cracks and rejuvenate dry lips cells.
Milk, rose petals, colourless henna, and beetroot for healthy red lips
This is a show-stealing home remedy to lighten dark lips permanently at home. It miraculously reduces melanin secretion that’s triggered due to sun exposure and smoking.
How to Use
- Add rose petals, few slices of beetroot and some milk in a mixer, and grind them to form a runny paste.
- Add colourless henna to the mixture in such proportion that the paste stays semi-liquid.
- Apply on lips and keep massaging them for good 5 minutes before washing it off with tap water.
This magnanimous homemade moisturising lip scrubber contains beetroot that has the power to lighten dark lips permanently. Milk is rich in lactic acid used for bleaching dark lips. Colourless henna is a cooling agent that calms down inflammation. Rose petals hydrate dry lip skin. Beetroot has betanin – a natural enzyme that makes lips red.
Beetroot lip stain for natural pink lips
How to use
- Wash the beetroot and remove its peel.
- Cut the peeled beetroot into small cubes and grind them in a mixer.
- Add few drops of almond oil to the beetroot juice and apply on dark lips 4 times a day for 3 weeks.
Beetroot lip stain is easy to make and is an amazing home remedy for getting natural pink lips within a week.Tomato and cucumber for natural red lips. Applying homemade tomato and cucumber paste on black lips can make them red.
How to use
- Crush a tomato and few slices of cucumber in a mixer to mae a puree.
- Refrigerate the puree for at least half an hour.
- Apply on lips and keep massaging them for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with normal tap water.
- Use at least twice a day- morning and night.
The results are super fast. You’ll start noticing that your lips will change colour from black to red within 15 days of regular use.Tomato contains Vitamin C that’s an antioxidant, astringent and a bleaching agent. It can clear the darkest of pigmentation. Cucumber splashes life within dry lip cells and keeps them soft.
In fact, adding almond oil to this mixture makes a wonderful home remedy to keep lips red during the winter season.
Aloe vera and honey for healthy lips
Aloe vera gel and honey are the best natural ingredients to lighten dark lips. You can naturally make aloe vera and honey exfoliating lip scrubber at home to make black lips red and soft.
How to use
- Scoop some aloe vera gel from aloe vera stem.
- Now add the gel and a few drops of honey in a mixer. Grind it till the gel gets perfectly mashed.
- Directly apply on lips and let it stay for 5-10 minutes. Keep massaging the lips with your fingers from time to time.
- Wash with cold water and cover your lips right after with Vaseline jelly.
Aloe vera and honey work like magic on black and brown lips by bleaching them. Just add some coconut oil and almond oil to the paste to take care of super chapped and flaky lips that need a little extra pampering.
Honey, milk, saffron and beetroot lip balm
This simple homemade lip balm will make your lips red and soft.
How to use
- Soak a few strands of saffron in milk overnight.
- Warm saffron milk on flame the next morning till saffron strands melt. Once cooled down, add a few drops of honey and 1 tsp fresh carrot juice in it.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Keep applying it on clean lips throughout the day for making black lips red.
Saffron is a fairness agent. Thus, it turns black lips to pink lips by reducing melanin formation. Milk has lactic acid that is a strong bleach. Honey has antioxidants that flush free radicals. And carrot juice has Vitamin A that increases blood circulation, making lips naturally red.
Scrub your lips with a brush
Dry brushing lip surface with a soft bristle toothbrush scrubs away all dead cells and increases blood circulation throughout the lips. This makes lips naturally red at home.
Caution: Do not brush the lips too hard and for too long. Also, use this beauty tip for lips only when you are running short on time. Remember, this is just a summer and monsoon beauty tip to get red lips. Do not try it in the winter season.
As simple as it goes, give up on all unhealthy habits that make lips dark. For one, quit smoking completely. Also, stop with your habit of biting down on your lips with your teeth.
- Lip Reconstruction Home Page”. Archived from the original on 2013-06-24.
- Lip Reconstruction”. Archived from the original on 2015-05-18.
- Lip Reconstruction Philosophy”. Archived from the original on 2015-05-18.
- Abbe Flap”. Archived from the original on 2015-05-18.