Coffea crudum may be used as a homeopathic or used simply as a micro-nutritional (botanical). Homeopathic potencies accredit their strength and efficacy to the electromagnetic signatures of the original substrate; these are scientifically created dilutions and succussions of medicines such that generally not even a molecule of the original substrate or medicine is present in the medicine.
Caffeine, chlorogenic acids, and diterpenes are important components of coffee. Tolerance often acts as a modulator of the biological actions of coffee. There is a significant impact of coffee on the cardiovascular system and on the metabolism of carbohydrates and lipids. Contrary to previous beliefs, the various forms of the arterial cardiovascular disease, arrhythmia or heart insufficiency seem unaffected by coffee intake. Coffee is associated with a reduction in the incidence of diabetes and liver disease. Protection seems to exist also for Parkinson’s disease among the neurological disorders, while its potential as an osteoporosis risk factor is under debate. Its effect on cancer risk depends on the tissue concerned, although it appears to favor risk reduction. Coffee consumption seems to reduce mortality.
As a Homeopathic or used simply as a micro-nutritional, Coffea crudum has demonstrated effectiveness against the following symptomology: mental and physical excitability; -vivacity and excessive loquacity; vivacity and elevation of the imagination with acuteness of the intellectual faculties; -anxiety of heart and of conscience, with apprehensions; -sleeplessness from over-excitability of mind and body; -great anguish, cannot be composed, is not able to hold the pen, trembles; -excessive weeping and lamentations over trifles; -effects of sudden emotions, fear, fright, over-fatigue, long journeys (Clarke)
Indications of Coffea Crudum
- Sleep & Insomnia – Coffea is the remedy for insomnia from racing thoughts or for waking at the slightest noise. The mind is usually excited, and thoughts are racing. The remedy is very helpful for those who have worked very late, and are unable to sleep from too many thoughts. It is also indicated for insomnia or other bad effects from joy, surprise or grief.
- Hypersensitivity & Nervous System – The nervous system as a whole is affected in Coffea, both within the mind state (oversensitivity, insomnia) and nerves (tooth-aches, headaches). It is helpful for people with an over-stimulated nervous system, who react strongly to noise, touch or any of the senses. It is also used for nervousness, hyperexcitability, extreme sensitivity to pain and noise and overly sensitive skin. Coffee can help with nervousness from drinking too much coffee, or from general ailments after the abuse of coffee (in acute situations).
- Tooth Aches – Coffea is also useful in toothaches. A toothache is relieved by holding ice water in the mouth but returns as soon as water becomes warm.
- Headaches – Coffea is well indicated in a headache and neuralgia. It is useful for extreme head pain or migraines made worse from any type of noise or music. It is used for a headache from mental exertion, talking, thinking and sudden emotions. It can feel as if a nail is driven into the brain, the brain is torn to pieces or as if the head would burst and fly to pieces if he moves.
- Aural neuralgia.
- A headache
- Heart, hyperesthesia of.
- A hernia
- A toothache
Coffea’s Materia Medica of Coffea Crudum
- Mind – Gaiety, easy comprehension, irritability, excited; senses acute. Impressionable, especially to pleasurable impressions. Full of ideas, quick to act. Tossing about in anguish.
- Head – Tight pain, worse from noise, smell, narcotics. Seems as if brain were torn to pieces, as if nail were driven in head. Worse in open air. Sensitive hearing.
- Face – Dry heat, with red cheeks. Prosopalgia extending to molar teeth, ears, forehead, and scalp.
- Mouth – a toothache; temporarily relieved by holding ice-water in the mouth (Mangan opposite). Hasty eating and drinking. Delicate taste.
- Stomach – Excessive hunger. Intolerance of tight clothing. After wine and liquor.
- Female – Menses too early and long lasting. Dysmenorrhœa, large clots of black blood. Hypersensitive vulva and vagina. Voluptuous itching.
- Sleep – Wakeful; on a constant move. Sleeps till 3 am, after which only dozing. Wakes with a start, sleep disturbed by dreams. Sleepless, on account mental activity; the flow of ideas, with nervous excitability. Disturbed by itching of anus.
- Respiratory – Short, dry cough of measles in nervous, delicate children.
- Heart – Violent irregular palpitation especially after excessive joy or surprise. Rapid high tension pulse and urinary suppression.
- Extremities – Crural neuralgia; worse, motion, afternoon and night; better, by pressure.
- Modalities – Worse, excessive emotions (joy), narcotics, strong odors, noise, open air, cold, night. Better, warmth, from lying down; holding ice in mouth.
Dosage of Coffea Crudum
- Coffea Cruda 30c
Side Effects of Coffea Crudum
- There are no well-known side effects