Cloves Health Benefits, Cloves are the aromatic flower buds of a tree in the family Myrtaceae Syzygium aromaticum. They are native to the Maluku Islands (or Moluccas) in Indonesia, and are commonly used as a spice. Cloves are commercially harvested primarily in Bangladesh, Indonesia, India, Madagascar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Tanzania (Zanzibar). Cloves are available throughout the year due to different harvest seasons in different countries.
Nutritional Value, Cloves Health Benefits
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 1.4 g|
|Trans fat 0.3 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 277 mg||11%|
|Potassium 1,020 mg||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 66 g||22%|
|Dietary fiber 34 g||136%|
|Sugar 2.4 g|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Vitamin A||3%||Vitamin C||0%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||20%|
|*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Cloves Health Benefits
- Premature ejaculation – Research shows that applying a cream containing clove flower plus Panax ginseng root, Angelica root, Cistanches deserticola, Zanthoxyl species, Torlidis seed, Asiasari root, cinnamon bark, and toad venom (SS Cream) to the skin of the penis improves premature (early) ejaculation.
- Anal tears – Early research shows that applying a clove oil cream to anal tears for 6 weeks improves healing compared to using stool softeners and applying lidocaine cream.
- Mosquito repellent – Early research shows that applying clove oil or clove oil gel directly to the skin can repel mosquitos for up to 5 hours.
- Pain – Early research shows that applying a gel containing ground cloves for 5 minutes before being stuck with a needle can reduce needle stick pain.
- Toothache – Clove oil and eugenol, one of the chemicals it contains, have long been applied to the teeth and gums for toothache, but the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reclassified eugenol, downgrading its effectiveness rating. The FDA now believes there is not enough evidence to rate eugenol as effective for toothache pain.
- Dental plaque
- “Dry socket” following tooth extraction
- Upset stomach
- Gas (flatulence)
- Pain and swelling (inflammation) of the mouth and throat
- Eugenol–from the remote Maluku Islands to the international market place: a review of a remarkable and versatile molecule”. Molecules. 17 (6): 6953–81. doi:10.3390/molecules17066953. PMID 22728369.
- “Flavored Tobacco”. FDA.gov. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- Get Rid of Ants 24″. getridofanst24. Archived from the original on 2015-04-28.