Carbo vegetabilis is a remedy that is often used in debilitated or collapsed states, with systems primarily on the physical level A homeopathic remedy used for fatigue following an illness, shock or surgery, as well as for suboptimal oxygenation; it has been used to treat asthma, bronchitis, gastrointestinal complaints such as indigestion and bloating, morning headaches, varicose veins and whooping cough.
Uses / Indications of Carbo Vegetabilis
- Fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – Fatigue may be something that we all experience to a certain extent. It usually shows up as extreme exhaustion, weakness, and there may be a change in temperatures between the skin and the body. Carbo veg is used as a homeopathic remedy for fatigue, or even something more extreme such as chronic fatigue syndrome. With this illness, there are aching burning pains all over the body. The glands are swollen, there is difficulty in concentrating and a great deal of anxiety. The symptoms of fatigue become exponentially worse, and it is evident that something is wrong.
- Indigestion and Flatulence – Carbo veg works well as a homeopathic remedy for those who are suffering from indigestion, flatulence, and even regurgitation of food. There may be sour burps, smelly gas, bloating and diarrhea that make even the simple act of eating seem quite complex.
- Poor Circulation – When there is a lack of proper oxygen moving throughout the body, it is evident that something is amiss and it often shows up as poor circulation. The skin may become cold, there may be hoarseness, and the affected areas may become puffy as a result of this.
- Breathing Problems – Carbo veg works when there is a terrible cough, asthma, and even bronchitis. The person may feel weak, have cold sweats, and may even gag on their own mucus. This homeopathic remedy works well to help all of these symptoms.
- Fainting and collapse – Carbo veg is the most common remedy for these conditions, especially in acute fainting episodes where a person feels like there is a lack of air.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease – with sluggish, stagnant circulation. Veins congested, easy bruising, skin ulcers or gangrene. Burning heat internally. Chilly, knees, feet, hands, nose. Numbness of parts lying on.
- Emphysema – with wheezing, rattling mucus in the chest, choking on phlegm. Burning in the chest. Rattling, gagging cough, hoarseness. Exhausted and weak emaciated.
- Fatigue – Listless, sluggish, sleepy, inert indifferent and irritable. Desires coffee.
- Gas/Bloating in the upper abdomen – Fermentation (rancid/putrid risings, foul gas).
- Varicose Veins – with blue vein network under the skin. Varicosities tend to ulcerate. icy cold, blue limbs but burning pain.
- Other common conditions – Asthma (elderly), Drug detox (anesthetics, smoke, air pollution), Food poisoning, Indigestion, Mumps
The Dosage of Carbo Vegetabilis
- Adults: Dissolve 4 tablets under tongue 4 times a day. Children: 2 tablets as above.
- Adults and children over 2 years: dissolve 3 pellets under the tongue 3 times a day‚ or as directed by a health professional.