Squilla maritima is commonly known as Squill, Sea Onion, or Scilla maritima. It is a red or white bulb grown in the Mediterranean that contains several glycosides. Toxicity can cause 2nd and 3rd-degree heart blocks, hot, dry skin with an elevated pulse, fever, gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, emesis, hematuria, anuria, arrhythmia, stupor, paralysis, and death in 10-24 hours. Acts especially on mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts, and also upon the kidneys. Valuable in chronic-bronchitis of old people with mucous rales, dyspnoea, and scanty bronchitis of old people with mucous rales, dyspnoea, and scanty urine.
Acts especially on mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts, and also upon the kidneys. Valuable in chronic bronchitis of old people with mucous rales, dyspnœa, and scanty urine. Eyes feel irritable; child bores into them with fists. Sensation as if swimming in cold water. Stomach pressure like a stone. Fluent coryza; margins of nostrils feel sore. Sneezing; throat irritated; short, dry cough; must take a deep breath. Dyspnœa and stitches in chest, and painful contraction of abdominal muscles. Violent, furious, exhausting cough, with much mucus; profuse, salty, slimy expectoration, and with involuntary spurting of urine and sneezing. Child rubs face with the fist during a cough. A cough provoked by taking a deep breath or cold drinks, from exertion, change from warm to cold air. A cough of measles. Frequent calls to urinate at night, passing large quantities (Phos ac). Sneezing with coughing.
Uses / Indications of Squilla Maritima
- A cough
- Bowel incontinence
- Urinary incontinence
- Dyspnea and stitches in the chest
- Violent coughing with involuntary sneezing and loss of urine
- Child rubs face during a cough
- Menstrual problem
- Angina pectoris
- Sneezing and coughing with watery eyes
- Chronic bronchitis- Especially in old people.
- A cough with severe breathlessness and too much phlegm that is slimy.
- There is sporting of urine while the patient coughs or sneezes.
- Child rubs fist over face while coughing
- Urine- watery and profuse urination.
- Asthma with stitching pain in the chest.
- Waterlogging in the body i.e. medically called dropsy.
- Sore feet of salespersons who stand all day
- Profuse expectoration
- Involuntary, profuse, urine during a cough
- Involuntary loss of stool during a cough