Mullein Oil is a proprietary blend of Mullein, Calendula and St. John’s Wort flower extracts, and Garlic bulb extract. Common mullein or Verbascum thapsus and wavy leaf mullein or Verbascum sinuatum, as they are botanically known, are both used to extract the essential oil. The former one is more preferred for extracting oil. The essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of its leaves and flowers. Mullein Garlic Oil is prepared from herbs that are Certified-Organically Grown or are Sustainably Wildcrafted in their natural wild habitat. They are hand-harvested at their optimal potency and are then promptly extracted in certified organic olive oil while still fresh & succulent or after being carefully shade-dried. The herbs in this formula are individually extracted to provide a broad spectrum of therapeutic plant compounds
Common mullein is used for the extraction of its essential oil. The flowers and leaves are used to extract essential oil by the steam distillation process. The herb has been used for centuries in America and Europe as an aid for cough. Mullein plant is found in South & Central America, Europe, and temperate zones of Asia. It contains rotenone, coumarin, tannin, triterpene saponins such as mucilage, verbascosaponin, catalpol, aucubin, phenolic acids, and flavonoids. It is used for the treatment of ear infections and earaches. It is used to cure fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm. Other common names for Mullein are Wooly mullein, Flannel mullein, Candlewick, Clown’s Lungwort, Our Lady’s Flannel, Golden Rod, Aaron’s Rod, Bouillon Jaune, Beggar’s Blanket, Velvet Plant, Torch Weed, Shepherd’s Club, Adam’s Flannel, Candle flower, Blanket Herb, Clot-Bur, Duffle, Bunny’s ears, Jacob’s staff, and others.
Mullein essential oil facts
Mullein essential oil is used to treat bronchitis, ringworm, athlete’s foot and ear infections. The color of Mullein essential oil resembles of olive oil. The aroma is pleasant, like nutmeg and strong. It has relaxing, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and tranquilizing properties.
|Name||Mullein essential oil facts and benefits|
|Scientific Name of Mullein plant||Verbascum thapsus|
|Native||Native to Asia and Europe
It is widely distributed in South & Central America, Europe and Temperate zones of Asia.
|Common/English Name of Mullein plant||Wooly mullein, Flannel mullein, Mullein, Gordolobo, Punchón, Wild Ice Leaf, Torches, Our Lady’s Flannel, Quaker’s Rouge, Candelaria, Common Mullein, Candlewick, Clown’s Lungwort, Our Lady’s Flannel, Golden Rod, Aaron’s Rod, Bouillon Jaune, Beggar’s Blanket, Velvet Plant, Torch Weed, Shepherd’s Club, Adam’s Flannel, Candle flower, Blanket Herb, Clot-Bur, Hedge-Taper, Duffle, Bunny’s ears Jacob’s staff|
|Name in Other Languages of Mullein plant||Polish: Aaron’s rod, hag’s taper, candlewick plant, cow lungwort, velvet dock, feltwort, flannel plant; torches, shepherd’s staff, Blanket Herb, Our Lady’s Flannel, Peter’s Staff, Woollen, Wild Ice Leaf, Clown’s Lungwort, Shepherd’s Club, Jacob’s Staff, Beggar’s Stalk, Rag Paper, Golden Rod, Beggar’s Blanket, Adam’s Flannel, Clot, Cuddy’s Lungs, Fluffweed, Duffle, Old Man’s Flannel, Hare’s Beard, White Mullein, Dziewanna, Mullein Dock, Dziewanna Lekarska;
German: Wollkraut, Königskerze;
Mexican: gordolobo, punchon;
|Method of Extraction||Steam distilled|
|Plant Part Used||Leaves, flowers and buds|
|Other Facts||It mixes well with eucalyptus, basil, thyme and garlic.|
Health Benefits of Mullein essential oil
Mullein essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic, disinfectant, antiseptic, diuretic, febrifuge, expectorant, tranquilizing, and relaxant properties. Let us discuss the health benefits provided by Mullein essential oil are:
Support respiratory health
Your respiratory system is responsible for bringing fresh air to your body and removing harmful waste gases. This is why it is important to keep your respiratory tract as healthy and as strong as possible.
Mullein leaf has been shown to contain natural compounds that may help support respiratory tract function. Mullein may help clear out mucus from the airways and relieve irritation of the mucous membranes.
This oil has remarkable expectorant properties. It loosens coughs or phlegm that is deposited in the lungs and respiratory tracts and gives relief from a cough, heaviness in the chest, breathing troubles, asthma, bronchitis, congestion, and other respiratory disorders. It does not only clear depositions of phlegm or catarrh but also soothes the mucous membrane. In fact, mullein was used in traditional Mexican medicine to treat inflammatory illness, particularly of the respiratory tract. 
This oil possesses analgesic properties that provide a numbing effect on nerves that helps them to prevent the sensation of pain and provides relief from a toothache, cold, headache, sinusitis, and cold.
Your body’s metabolic processes generate by-products, called free radicals. These free radicals wreak havoc in your body, causing premature aging, oxidative stress, and damage to your tissues and cellular structures. Free radicals are associated with vision decline, loss of skin elasticity, wrinkles, graying hair, and more.
Mullein is packed with antioxidants that neutralize free radicals, helping slow down the onset of aging in your body.
Improve Immuno system
Every day, your body is under constant threat from unseen substances that may cause health issues. Your immune system acts as your body’s first line of defense against such threats. Taking this mullein dietary supplement may help fortify your immune defenses. For best immune-assisting results, take this health supplement together with regular exercise and a balanced diet.
Excellent Muscle relaxant
After a long day of work or exercise, it’s quite normal for your muscles and joints to feel sore or painful. Muscle aches can linger until the following morning, giving you a hard time getting out of bed and taking on your daily tasks. Taking this mullein dietary supplement is perfect for physically active people. It may help provide natural relief from stiff joints, aching muscles, or typical body pains.
Help in proper sleep
Getting enough sleep is vital for maintaining excellent health and wellness. It just feels good to wake up the next day feeling fully rested, recharged, and brimming with energy. If you are always dealing with stress, worry, or tension, it can be hard for you to fall asleep at night no matter how tired you are. This mullein leaf health supplement may help promote a feeling of calmness and relaxation, helping you enjoy deep and uninterrupted sleep all night.
Mullein essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties that cure respiratory tracts and nasal inflammation that could lead to the common cold or digestive inflammation caused by alcoholic drinks, overeating of spicy food. It cures any type of inflammation.
This oil is very efficient in curing both internal and external infections. Internally, it cures infections in the genitals and the urinary tracts, colon, excretory system, and the kidneys. Externally, it fights infections on the skin, in the ear, nose, and other parts of the body.
The mullein essential oil increases urination both by frequency and by quantity. This helps to drain out the toxins like uric acid as well as extra salts, water, and bile deposited in the body. Urination also helps to reduce weight due to the removal of water and fat through urine. It also helps to reduce blood pressure, enhances appetite, promotes digestion and prevents the formation of gases in the intestines. Urination also clears the deposits in the kidneys, thus keeping them clean.
Due to its antiseptic properties, it prevents wound infection that could cause tetanus and septic. It inhibits the growth of bacteria.
Counteract bodily infections
Mullein essential oil helps to cure external and internal infections of the body. It is an aid for the infection in the urinary tracts, genitals, kidneys, and excretory system. It also counteracts the infections on-ear, skin, nose, and other body parts.
It helps to increase urination in quantity as well as frequency. It also eliminates toxins such as water, extra salts, and bile in the body. The elimination of fat and water through urine helps to lower weight. It lowers blood pressure, promotes digestion, enhances appetite, and prevents gas formation in the intestines. It also clears out kidney deposits.
The expectorant properties of Mullein essential oil loosen phlegm or cough which is deposited in respiratory tracts, lungs, provides relief from heaviness in the chest, cough, asthma, breathing troubles, congestion, bronchitis, and respiratory ailments.
Mullein essential oil helps to lower fever by counteracting infections that are responsible for fever. It has diuretic properties that eliminate wastes and toxins from the body by speeding up the infection recovery.
This essential oil helps to relax muscles, brain, nerves and provides relief from nervous afflictions, muscular cramps, stress, nervous disorders, anxiety, depressions, and anger. It lowers the chances of heart attack and blood pressure.
- It is used to treat ear infections and earaches caused by fungi or bacteria.
- It treats fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm.
- It is helpful for colds, sinusitis, pneumonia, whooping cough, tuberculosis, toothache, and asthma.
- It is used to treat earaches and swollen glands.
- It provides relief from the pain during migraine.
- It relieves chronic respiratory problems.
- It lowers inflammation in the respiratory tract or nose.
- It soothes the coughing reflex.
- It is a treatment for infection in the genitals, urinary tracts, colon, excretory system, and kidneys.
- It eliminates excess bile, salts, water, and toxins.
- It clears phlegm and catarrh deposits.
Health Benefits of Mullein Tea
1. May Treat Respiratory Conditions
Mullein tea may help combat several respiratory ailments like cold, cough, and bronchitis. It can also offer relief from sore throat. The antibacterial properties of mullein may help treat inflammation and infection in the respiratory tract (1).
Mullein tea may help relieve asthma, which causes swelling in the airways and results in shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing (2), (3). Mullein is said to possess expectorant, mucolytic, and demulcent properties that promote sputum secretion. This reduces cough, helps with the clearance of mucus from the airways, and relieves irritation of the mucous membranes (1).
Its flowers and leaves are used for treating a wide range of respiratory ailments, such as chills and flu, tuberculosis, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, tonsillitis, and tracheitis (4). However, more human studies are needed to prove these claims.
2. May Help Fight Viral Infections
Mullein tea is said to have antiviral activity and may help fight certain viral infections. In one study, mullein extracts showed antiviral activity against influenza virus (5). Another study conducted by the National University of Rio Cuarto found that the methanolic extracts of mullein may fight against the pseudorabies virus (6).
Alcoholic extracts of mullein were found to exhibit antiviral activity against pseudorabies virus (7). However, more long-term research is required to understand this benefit of mullein in humans.
3. Exhibits Antibacterial Properties
Mullein tea may exhibit antibacterial properties. A study conducted by the Islamic Azad University found that the ethanolic extract of mullein has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. They act against certain bacterial strains, including Bacillus cereus (8).
Since ancient times, mullein has been used as an effective remedy to treat infectious diseases. Another study conducted by the Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences found that aqueous-alcoholic extracts of mullein possess some antibacterial effects (9).
4. May Relieve Issues With Sleep
Insomnia is a growing issue among men and women belonging to various age groups. Mullein tea may act as a natural sedative and help relieve sleeping problems (1).
The roots, leaves, and flowers of the mullein plant also possess sedative properties that help treat issues with sleep (10). More research is needed to understand mechanism of mullein tea in this regard.
5. May Aid Tuberculosis Treatment
Several studies state mullein to be a potential treatment option for tuberculosis. It could also help in the treatment of skin disorders and leprosy (11), (1).
However, more studies are needed to establish its potential as a treatment for tuberculosis.
6. May Improve Digestive Health
The consumption of mullein tea may help improve a number of digestive issues. It may provide relief from diarrhea and constipation (4), (12). It may also help cope with bowel related problems and help your body eliminate toxins easily.
7. May Soothe Skin Conditions
Mullein tea possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help treat skin problems. You can also use the oil to get relief from a variety of skin infections.
The tea may help heal blisters, wounds, and small cuts. The oil made from the mullein flowers can be applied externally on affected areas in the case of eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions (13). You may also topically apply mullein leaf extract on sores and wounds. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it can have a calming effect on the skin.
8. May Help Relieve Joint Pains And Muscle Spasms
Mullein tea’s anti-inflammatory properties may make it ideal to use it in treating joint pain (12). This herb may reduce inflammation. The antispasmodic effect of this herbal tea may help treat muscle spasms (14).
9. May Treat Thyroid Issues
Anecdotal evidence suggests that intake of mullein tea may improve thyroid-related problems. The tea may help treat an overactive thyroid gland (a condition called hyperthyroidism). A formula created by a noted doctor had mullein as one of its constituents. This formula was specifically targeted to treat thyroid issues (15). However, research in this aspect is limited. We need more studies to substantiate the therapeutic effects of mullein tea for thyroid issues.
10. May Treat Headache
The leaves and fruits of the mullein herb have been effectively used for several years to treat migraines. A study conducted by the Abant Izzet Baysel University found that the herbal extracts of mullein may help relieve headaches (16).
11. May Help Treat Ear Infections
Mullein leaves have been used to treat ear infections. Those with ear ailments may try the remedy after consulting their doctor. A study conducted by the Tel Aviv University on 171 children found that ear drops containing mullein extracts may help treat ear-related infections (17).
If you want to learn how to make mullein tea, you can check out the following recipe. You can brew the tea with either dried or fresh leaves.
How To Make Mullein Tea
- Dried leaves of mullein
- One cup of water
- Raw honey or sugar (for taste)
- Add a small handful of dried leaves to a cup (240 mL) of boiling water.
- Steep them for 15–30 minutes.
- Use a strainer or cheesecloth and remove as many of the leaves as possible to prevent throat irritation.
- You can add raw honey or sugar for taste.
What Are The Side Effects Of Mullein Tea?
Mullein plant tea does not have any documented potential risks on humans. The few reactions that may occur in some users are not fatal. Studies do not show any side effects on pregnant women as well. However, anecdotal evidence suggests expectant mothers avoid prolonged use of any compound that contains mullein. Other potential adverse effects mullein tea may cause include the following:
- Skin Irritation
Some individuals have reported skin irritation after using mullein extracts in tea and other forms. Avoiding the extract may cure the skin irritation in such people.
- Breathing Issues
Mullein leaves are fluffy and hairy. If they get stuck in the throat, they may cause breathing issues. This usually happens when you make the tea and do not strain the mixture well. In some isolated cases, people taking the tea have reported difficulty inhaling and inflammation of their chest walls. However, medical intervention is not required in most instances.
The side effects are not backed by research. Hence, if you experience any of them, visit your doctor right away.
- Nursing women or pregnant women should not use it.
- For use, it should be diluted with essential oil.
- Use under the direction of the doctor.
- Stop using if a negative reaction or skin irritation occurs.
- This oil should not be used for a prolonged time.
From Where To Buy
- ✅ BREATHE EASIER - Struggling with nasal congestion? Mullein leaf may help free up mucus buildup to clear your airways. It may also help relieve sore throat and breathing discomfort.
- ✅ ASSIST YOUR IMMUNE FUNCTION - If you often feel under the weather, that can be a sign that your immune defenses have been compromised. Mullein contains nutrients that may help strengthen your immunity.
- ✅ SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT - Tired of tossing and turning all night just to get some sleep? Mullein may serve as a safe and natural sedative, making it easier for you to fall asleep at night.
- ✅ A HAPPY TUMMY - Show some TLC to your digestive tract with this supplement. Mullein may help relieve constipation and diarrhea, promoting the regular and comfortable elimination of body toxins.
- ✅ EASY TO TAKE - Not a fan of swallowing large pills? This mullein supplement is made available in liquid form. Just take 1 full dropper with water, 3 times per day or as recommended by your doctor.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: The flowers and leaves of Mullein have been used as healing remedies for centuries, with the dried leaves traditionally smoked to relieve irritation of the respiratory mucous membranes. Mullein is invaluable for a wide range of problems in the respiratory tract.
- EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES: Liquid Mullein leaf extract. Supports healthy respiratory function. Supports healthy mucous membranes. 2000 mg per 2 ml dose. Mullein has been used for thousands of years to treat respiratory conditions. Mullein leaf supports the body's mucous membranes and respiratory system.
- PERFECT CHOICE: Human research suggests that mullein leaf works by reducing respiratory issues, thereby helping relax the muscles in your respiratory tract. Mullief leaf has been used for centuries to help support respiration. Heals irritated inflamed mucous membranes in the respiratory tract.
- ULTIMATE USAGE: Mullief leaf has been used for centuries to help support respiration. Mullein leaves may help support healthy respiratory and immune function. Its traditional uses are focused on the management and related respiratory problems. Mullein is traditionally used for its ability to promote the discharge of mucus and to soothe mucous membranes.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: We want you to love our precious Mullein Leaf Herbal Supplement as much as we do. If you are not happy with our products for any reason, please return your products for a new replacement or a full refund.
About the author