Moringa oil is a particular type of oil that is obtained from the seeds of the Moringa oleifera tree. This type of tree mostly grows in subtropical and tropical areas of the world which are known for being semi-arid. It is considered a true wonder plant, native from the tropical regions of Asia, Central and South America, and Africa. Called “the tree of life”, Moringa is regarded as a life-giving, health-restoring plant with endless benefits. The whole tree, from bark to leaves and seeds, has therapeutic properties and is used for food, health, and nutrition. However, of all the parts of the Moringa tree, oil is the most precious treasure. Moringa oil is also sometimes referred to as Ben oil because it has high amounts of behenic acid and is probably the most stable type of oil known to man.
Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of the Moringa tree through the cold-pressed method. In olden times, it was extracted using hand pressing. The seeds, harvested from their pods, yield nearly 35–40% of non-drying Moringa oil. The cold-pressed oil has a pale-yellow, lightweight appearance, a mild nutty flavor, and is odorless. Moringa oil is commonly used for numerous different types of purposes in the pharmaceutical industry and cosmetics. In some countries, moringa oil is also used for some types of culinary purposes. Moringa seed oil is sometimes used for some traditional medicinal purposes, but some countries also utilized flowers, seeds, leaves, roots, sap, and even the bark of the moringa tree for those same purposes.
There are many varieties of Moringa oil, depending on the variety of Moringa trees from which the oil is extracted. Oil taken from different locations has slight differences in nutrition and properties, like India, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Malawi, and other parts of Africa.
Health benefits of Moringa Oil
Moringa oil comes from the seeds of the Moringa Oleifera Tree. These are extremely rich in phytonutrients and can make a great impact on your overall health. Moringa oil is remarkably famous for the numerous benefits that it offers. It is really famous in the skin and beauty care industry. Listed below are some of the popular health benefits of using Moringa oil
1. Supplies energy
Moringa oil is packed with a whole lot of anti-oxidants. These help you gain great energy and keep you feeling fresh all day long.
2. Treat sunburn
Due to its soothing, anti-inflammatory properties, Moringa oil is an ideal sunburn treatment. Gently rubbed into the affected area, it will calm the pain and reduce the inflammation and discomfort. It can also be used in the same way to treat insect bites and stings.
3. Promotes a good night’s sleep
Taken internally, moringa oil is well known for its calming properties and it can help ensure that you get a good night’s sleep. It is also known to help lower and control blood pressure.
4. Stomach Disorders
The compound present in the oil is helpful in the treatment of stomach disorders like constipation, gastritis, etc.
5. Anti-ageing properties
One of the greatest Moringa oil benefits for beauty is its anti-aging property. With all the antioxidants contained in Moringa oil, it’s no wonder that it is widely used by the cosmetics industry in anti-aging creams. The oil is famous for its anti-aging properties and is said to reduce wrinkles and slow the aging process.
6. Excellent Moisturizer
Moringa oil is one of the best moisturizers for the skin. It should be applied to the skin as a massage oil. It imparts glow to the skin and makes it well moisturized, but not too oiled. This oil is absorbed well into the skin, making it a nice ingredient in many homemade cosmetic products. This brilliant moisturizing effect is because of the very high amount of omega- 9 fatty acids (oleic acid) in moringa oil. It also makes the skin quite smooth, because of the behenic acid in it. Behenic acid is used in many products for its ability to smooth the skin and condition hair. This oil slips easily on the skin and spreads well.
7. Fights acne, black heads, and dark spots
Moringa oil is also known for its outstanding properties in curing acne. It works wonders in removing black heads and spots from your skin.
8. Softens and Heals your Cracked Heels
With its amazing vitamin A, E, and C content and the multitude of antioxidants, moringa oil softens the skin on your dry, scorched heels, nourishes and repairs the cracked skin, and promotes cell regeneration and new cells growth.
Apply a few drops of moringa oil on your cracked heels and gently massage them each evening, before going to bed. Then, put some soft, fluffy socks on (to keep moisture) overnight and see the results in the morning.
9. Soothes minor cuts and burns
Moringa oil benefits also include natural antiseptic qualities and anti-inflammatory properties, which make Moringa, oil an ideal treatment for minor cuts, burns, and rashes. It gently soothes pain, reduces inflammation, and promotes the healing process.
10. Moisturizes scalp
Moringa oil is really famous as a massage oil. You may wet your hair first and then simply massage some Moringa oil onto your scalp gently. This way it will reach your roots and moisturize your scalp. It is ideal for people with dry scalp.
11. Stronger hair
Regular use of Moringa oil on your hair can actually help you gain stronger hair. It strengthens your hair by delivering important minerals and vitamins to the hair follicles. It rejuvenates your hair from deep within.
Pieces of evidence say that Moringa works to reduce blood glucose and urine sugar. It improves the hemoglobin level. Thereafter, improve the protein content of diabetic patients.
13. Protects bones, soothes the nervous system
Nourishment and protection of bones is another great benefit of Moringa oil. It also soothes the nervous system and creates a lot of good cholesterol in the body.
14. Fights dandruff and split ends
Moringa oil also effectively combats both split ends and dandruff. Massage the oil into damp hair and it will combat dandruff with its anti-fungal properties and moisturize and nourish your hair to combat split ends.
Oil can be used to muffle and calm a cough. It can also reduce bronchial asthma.
16. Liver health
Moringa oil has been identified to improve liver health in people whose liver has received damage due to toxicity. The liver, when it gets damaged releases certain signals regarding the damage. This is monitored using serum ALT and AST levels. This study shows that internal consumption of moringa oil lowered ALT and AST levels in the liver damaged by a toxin. As a result, moringa oil can be used to lower the markers of liver damage in people whose liver is damaged by some toxins, viruses like hepatitis B, or certain medications.
17. As a Rheumatic Oil
Moringa oil is nice rheumatic oil. It is applied to painful, arthritic joints. It can be used directly or used as an oil pack, just like castor oil packs. It is effective at reducing swelling and inflammation, which provides relief from the pain in the joints. This can also be used in gout.
18. Management of Hysteria
Moringa oil can be used to calm down hysteria and uncontrolled emotional instability. This is a traditional use for moringa seed oil.
19. Gum Health
Many people add moringa oil as a daily mouthwash for healthy gums. Just a few drops of moringa oil swished around in your mouth and gently massaged onto your gums will help relieve gum inflammation.
Oil can be used to calm down emotional instability. When used it can maintain the optimal levels of blood pressure in the body.
Moringa oil is beneficial in controlling retinal damage. It keeps the retinal vasculature intact and protects our eyes.
22. Arthritic Pain
On top of all the benefits for your skin, the oil has fantastic uses for internal inflammation and arthritic pain. It’s simple to use for this type of pain. Simply apply some of the oil to your painful and achy joints. Regular use will help naturally improve the inflammation that causes much joint pain.
Many people report reduced swelling within a few days of using Moringa oil on their troublesome joints. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of moringa oil and their uses for the management and relief of arthritic pain have been well documented in many recent scientific studies. None of these studies claim that this oil is a miracle cure for all arthritis, but show conclusive evidence that moringa and specifically that the oil extract does reduce inflammation, which is one of the main symptoms of arthritis.
Buying and Storage
Moringa oil is one of the most stable oils. It hardly gets rancid and can be used for many days. Though it is extracted using various processes, the healthiest one is the cold-pressed oil. It is denser, has more color, and even more, taste than filtered or solvent extracted oils.
Where does Moringa oil come from?
Moringa oil comes from the seeds of the Moringa tree. Seeds have an outer hull protecting an inner seed kernel. The seed kernel, on average, contains 40% oil by weight. Oil is normally extracted by compressing the Moringa seeds in a screw press. Cold pressing the oil, which produces the highest quality product, also extract the least amount of oil from the seeds. To extract more oil from the seeds, some manufacturers will heat the seeds and press or even use solvents. This practice increases the amount of oil obtained by nearly 50% but at the expense of the quality and purity level of the final product. Always be sure to look for cold-pressed Moringa oil.
Approximately 500 Moringa seeds are required to produce 1 oz (29.6 mL) of cold-pressed oil. This means it takes about 35 mature seed pods to produce 1 oz. of oil! Now you know why cold-pressed Moringa oil can cost as much as $10/oz. for small quantities!
Traditional uses and benefits of Moringa Oil
- Moringa oil penetrates deeply into the skin, delivering vital nutrients and also helping the skin and hair retain moisture.
- Moringa oil’s benefits include skin care and rejuvenation; stronger and healthier hair, wrinkle reduction and skin blemish removal.
- Regular massage with this oil can help reduce split ends and dandruff.
- Indians have long since used Moringa oil as a means to treat acne.
- It is traditionally used in Sudan to purify water and is shown to reduce bacterial counts.
- This oil resists rancidity and is also used as a preservative in certain products.
- Massage the head with moringa oil with about 3 – 4 drops of lavender essential oil. It reduces irritability and sleeplessness.
- Mix olive oil and moringa oil in equal amounts. Add some sugar cubes to the oil and rub it on the skin.
- Moringa oil helps clear blackheads and pimples. When used regularly helps prevent the reoccurrence of blemishes.
- Helps minimize dark spots from acne and hyperpigmentation.
- Tea prepared with Moringa leaves was used in treating diarrhea, gastric ulcers, and stomach pain.
- Moringa oil has been used in treating syphilitic wounds, scurvy, hysteria, bladder problems, prostate problems, fungal infections, and certain skin complaints.
- Consuming the oil during pregnancy can be harmful.
From Where To Buy
- 100% Pure, moringa oil in 4oz glass bottle, & eye dropper
- Anti aging properties, great for rashes, cuts, burns and insect bites.
- Worlds best moisturizer is instantly absorbed into the skin
- Really reduces and eliminates wrinkles, gives skin a healthy glow.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE MORINGA OIL: - SVA ORGANICS Moringa Oil Organic is obtained by cold pressed extraction of Moringa Oleifera seeds originated from India. It is 100% Pure & Natural, Hexane Free, Authentic, entirely alcohol and solvent free. Our Moringa Oil is not tested on Animals. We care for you!
- COLD PRESSED MORINGA OIL: USDA Certified Moringa Oil is excellent source of vitamins, unsaturated fatty acids, Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids and minerals. Its powerful healing and nourishing properties are perfect for retaining the natural glow on skin and healthy hair.
- PREFFERED OIL FOR MASSAGE: SVA Organics Moringa Oil is rich in naturally nourishing properties that makes the oil a perfect choice for body massage as well as scalp massage without making the skin oily & greasy. Daily routing of hair massage enables hair follicles to grow stronger.
- EXPERIENCE INCREDIBLE BENEFITS OF MORINGA OIL: Cold pressed Moringa oil is very emollient oil that deeply penetrate the skin. Discover the difference of using Moringa oil in your daily skin care routine to experience beautiful and glowing skin. It has been used in cosmetic formulations & beauty products like skin creams, lotions, soaps, hair shampoo, hair conditioners and more.
- 100% AUTHENTIC & RISK FREE PURCHASE: SVA Organics is committed to providing our customers with high quality authentic products that deliver an extraordinary experience. In a time when quality seems to be compromised by price by others, we are determined to be different and continue to offer the genuine quality we are known for. If you are ever unsatisfied with the quality of the product, you will receive a guaranteed full refund/replacement from us.
The International Federation of Aromatherapists, The Leading Aromatherapy Associations (Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), International Aromatherapy and Aromatic Medicine Association, Aromatherapy Trade Council, and others) all state that essential oils should not be taken internally (regardless of purity or organic origin) unless under the guidance of a health care practitioner trained at an appropriate level or supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
About the author